Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

When to apply for medical examination?

When to apply for medical examination?

Old Mar 19th 2002, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Kordain is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When to apply for medical examination?

I have recently accepted an offer of full time employment with a Canadian company based in Calgary.
They have stated that they will proceed to gain work authorisation for me and I have sent off documentation they require.
I am aware I need to have an approved medical as part of the authorisation but am unsure when I can apply for and attend this medical. Do I have to wait for specific documentation (to enable me to take the medical) to be delivered to me or can i go ahead now and organise the medical straight away from this side to get it sorted earlier and out of the way?

Any help you can give me on this is greatly appreciated.

With thanks

Mike..
Old Mar 20th 2002, 2:36 pm
Sali

Default Re: When to apply for medical examination?

Hi Mike,

I am in exactly the same situation as you. I had posted a somewhat similar query here
sometime back and had got some responses from Mr. Miller and others. I even got some
answers from CIC. This is what I learnt:

PR and EA are two different processes and two different applications. Thus, although
both require medicals you may not substitute a medical exam for one with the other
unless you want to mess things up.

Coming on to your question : you would have to wait till the time you get a file
number for your EA application (different from PR file number) before you get the
EA medicals done. There is no point in getting it done earlier because there
would not be a file number for your EA application for the DMP to send your
medicals to the CIC.

I am also in a simlar rush since my employer has already applied with the HRCC for
validation. But I believe, we just have to wait patiently and hope things work for
the best soon.

Hope the above helps.

Old Mar 20th 2002, 3:06 pm
David Cohen

In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
    > I have recently accepted an offer of full time employment with a Canadian company
    > based in Calgary. They have stated that they will proceed to gain work
    > authorisation for me and I have sent off documentation they require. I am aware I
    > need to have an approved medical as part of the authorisation but am unsure when I
    > can apply for and attend this medical. Do I have to wait for specific documentation
    > (to enable me to take the medical) to be delivered to me or can i go ahead now and
    > organise the medical straight away from this side to get it sorted earlier and out
    > of the way?

Medical examination forms will be issued by the visa office along with instructions.
You will have to wait until such time to conduct the medical examinations.
________
CAMPBELL, COHEN - attorneys at law tel:514.937.9445 / fax:514.937.2618
[email protected] http://canadavisa.com

Online Community: http://canadavisa.com/community

Old Mar 21st 2002, 10:23 am
Just Joined

Kordain is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the help folks

Thats taken a little of the worry from me. its not my fault if i have to wait a while now.

Hope all goes ok with your application. fingers crossed

Mike