Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Apr 10th 2009, 4:26 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

Originally Posted by ann m
I'll admit to using that as a smart-arse reply one day when on the receiving end of a ranting male who went down the "I pay your wages" route
I've had that too...especially funny when the "I pay your wages" punter is someone you are dealing with because they are unemployed and always have been.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

JayMill is an unknown quantity at this point

To answer the initial questions, every place has it’s pro’s and con’s. Con: It’s COLD in the winter. After moving here I realized that Canada is very similar to the UK. I currently reside in Vancouver BC. If you like the outdoors, biking, hiking and skiing. This is the best place to live!
Old Apr 11th 2009, 9:35 pm
Banned

Clancythedog is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to agree with JayMill on that one. Vancouver is a great city with an endless amount of outdoor activities. You will feel right at home since they do tend to get quite a bit of rain...
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:28 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JayMill
To answer the initial questions, every place has it’s pro’s and con’s. Con: It’s COLD in the winter. After moving here I realized that Canada is very similar to the UK. I currently reside in Vancouver BC. If you like the outdoors, biking, hiking and skiing. This is the best place to live!
ok so where in the UK is similar to the Yukon? The Rockies? Drumheller?
OH I always thought some of the best skiing and mountain biking was at Kicking Horse my mistake, and of course the hiking in Kananaskis is SHITE.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
ok so where in the UK is similar to Drumheller?
Old fossils, nothing to do, and lots of old people. The Houses of Parliament?
Old Apr 12th 2009, 10:40 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Old fossils, nothing to do, and lots of old people. The Houses of Parliament?
well the fossil has moved to Donalda................................

Oh Hi Mandy
Old Apr 13th 2009, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Hmmm, I guess this must be another one of my pointless threads that no one wants to contribute to like Iain mentioned! Strange that it's now on page 51

Good reason to ban me I guess!
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:28 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Hmmm, I guess this must be another one of my pointless threads that no one wants to contribute to like Iain mentioned! Strange that it's now on page 51

Good reason to ban me I guess!
Let it go.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:32 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Let it go.
Act1980, ditto what Tangram said. Particularly as you are discussing moderator actions, which is against the rules - so let's not have another ban for that eh?
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:06 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Besides, the ban had nothing to do with this thread

Do I need to spell out again (in public this time) that starting a handfull of innocent FAQ threads can be seen as just human nature or part of "finding your way around", but a long series of them is going to be viewed as attention seeking trolling and dealt with accordingly.

Oh, and by the way, the range of situations where "Whatever" is an appropriate response to a moderators post is very narrow indeed.

Lets all move on.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 13th 2009 at 8:16 pm.
Old Apr 13th 2009, 8:25 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't wait till act1980 makes it to Canada and starts a block heater thread
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by G77
I can't wait till act1980 makes it to Canada and starts a block heater thread
Hair straightners?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:15 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Butch Cassidy
Hair straightners?
You can use block heaters for hair straighteners...who knew?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 6:19 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
You can use block heaters for hair straighteners...who knew?
Ahhh, but at what temperature....?

I'll get my coat
Old Apr 15th 2009, 9:53 am
Just Joined

Pompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nicePompeydude is just really nice

Originally Posted by JayMill
Well said - got a job offer with Calgary Police so came over recently for a looksee. Does the place get greener in the summer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.