Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:36 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

Originally Posted by CaptainHook
Have some dandelion and burdock
I am indeed enjoying some right now
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:37 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heidi40
I am very disappointed. Reading all your comments make me really sad that you don't respect different cultures and people of different countries. If Canada is so bad why immigrate. If you like to stay exactly the same way as you are and not learning new things from new people you might as well stay where you are. I think people are free to try new life. If you think Canada is full of immigrant then don't immigrate there because you would be one of them!
No one specific. Anyone who is rude to other cultures.
OK, but look here this thread is months old and I'm buggered if I'm going to reread the whole thing just because some new member clearly hasn't bothered to read the whole thing either and therefore takes a comment which is as ironic as any old iron, out of context.

Then you pop up with an equally unfocused and inexplicable remark.

What's a man to do?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:39 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian

What's a man to do?
Do what I'm going to do.

Shake head and wander off muttering incoherently.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:41 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I am very disappointed. Reading all your comments make me really sad that you don't respect different cultures and people of different countries. If Canada is so bad why immigrate.
One chooses to immigrate to Canada because Canada imposes no obligation of assimilation; there's no obligation to invent nor subscribe to a "Canadian culture". One remains a Londoner (or in the case of the less fortunate, merely English) living abroad. It's all about the hyphenation.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:43 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Do what I'm going to do.

Shake head and wander off muttering incoherently.
Excellent suggestion Steve.

<mutters, fails to be incoherent, mutters again. No good. Walks off anyway>.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dbd33
It's all about the hyphenation.

You mean like 'Canadian-Londoner'?
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:46 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by elizabeth_action
You mean like 'Canadian-Londoner'?
I think Camden-Canadian has a better lilt to it.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:46 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

One remains a Londoner (or in the case of the less fortunate, merely English) living abroad.

and this is a good thing?

(tyke, born n bred)
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm liking that.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:47 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by Bali2010

and this is a good thing?

(tyke, born n bred)
Works for me, love.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:48 pm
Forum Regular

elizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant futureelizabeth_action has a brilliant future

What about 'Croydon-Londoner'?

Oh dear, I'm going to have to lie aren't I?

Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:50 pm
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by elizabeth_action
What about 'Croydon-Londoner'?

Oh dear, I'm going to have to lie aren't I?

"Croydon-Canadian". A life that advanced to mediorce.
Old Dec 5th 2009, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

"Croydon-Canadian". A life that advanced to mediorce.
Actually it's Wallington down the road but I preferred the alliteration.
...Just as mediocre though...
Old Dec 6th 2009, 12:53 am
Just Joined

chex is an unknown quantity at this point

OK, but look here this thread is months old and I'm buggered if I'm going to reread the whole thing just because some new member clearly hasn't bothered to read the whole thing either and therefore takes a comment which is as ironic as any old iron, out of context.
To be fair the idea of escaping immigration by becoming one is so widely mentioned in the UK nowadays that it is not generally possible to use it ironically anymore.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 1:18 am
Assimilated Pauper

Originally Posted by chex
To be fair the idea of escaping immigration by becoming one is so widely mentioned in the UK nowadays that it is not generally possible to use it ironically anymore.
And in Canada, innit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.