Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's wrong with Canada?

What's wrong with Canada?

Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:21 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's wrong with Canada?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
I don't understand that one.

Maybe I've been here too long?

Don't notice cinnamon on anything I consume.
The cinnamon buns are ok, its that ghastly cheesy stuff they plaster on the top of them that gets me
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

act1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to beholdact1980 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Even brain dead people breathe.

And I wish you'd make your mind up. Am I a cross-dresser or a gaymo?
Can we just be nice to each other please? No more horrible comments? If you don't like what I write then can you just not say anything at all?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:22 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by woodmanbg
The cinnamon buns are ok, its that ghastly cheesy stuff they plaster on the top of them that gets me
Never understood that?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:26 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Never understood that?
Me neither, it literally turns my stomach.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:27 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by act1980
Can we just be nice to each other please? No more horrible comments? If you don't like what I write then can you just not say anything at all?
Certainly we can. We could become bosom buddies.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:27 pm
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Orange cheese....Whats that all about?
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:48 pm
Fluffy Dippindoodle

pinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond reputepinkmcfarquhar has a reputation beyond repute

1. The radio. I now live in a place where they play Heart and other eighties soft rock on the radio. And not on golden oldie shows - as a normal part of the playlist. Mind you, they also play some ACDC . I miss the live lounge and dermot on a saturday.

2. They don't show Still Game on the TV.

3. All pizza features meat in some form.

4. There's still snow on the ground in April.
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by act1980
I have heard a lot of things that are right with it but curious to know what annoys some people.

I would like to know so I am not entering the country with rose tinted glasses!! I want the dirt lol!!
Tim Hortons coffee is pretty bad.

the standard of driving is dreadful, canadians may be polite to your face, but become rude arrogant cocks when in a car!

paying to receive a phonecall

putine is truly gross

inappropriate use of the "awesome"

crime

mozzies

fish flys

Shops that dont open til noon on sundays

Having to buy a new driving licence every week - Ive had 3 and been here for 18 months!

I could go on , but then it is friday evening, what do you expect!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

snowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud ofsnowshoveller has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by pinkmcfarquhar
1. The radio. I now live in a place where they play Heart and other eighties soft rock on the radio. And not on golden oldie shows - as a normal part of the playlist. Mind you, they also play some ACDC . I miss the live lounge and dermot on a saturday.
Ooh I quite like classic rock whilst driving my old truck about

but you know you can get bbc radio over the internet!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:08 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snowshoveller
paying to receive a phonecall
It's better than the caller having to pay extra just because someone else has chosen to be contacted by mobile/cell phone.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:09 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh I quite like classic rock whilst driving my old truck about
In these parts the guy on the radio calls it classic rack.
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

oh yes that reminds me of another one: these colonials cant talk properly
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:21 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

eh!
Old Feb 28th 2009, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

oh yes that reminds me of another one: these colonials cant talk properly
Yes, well just remember who we were once a colony of.....
Old Feb 28th 2009, 2:10 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

The incessant droning of community helpers, unions, quangos, not-for-profit NGOs and special interest groups trying to get you to do something a particular way.

Imagine if the British Potato Council took themselves as seriously as the UN and had a marketing budget the size of a large cosmetics company and they used it. Then multiply.

Hearts are in the right place of course, but I get the feeling it's more about one-upmanship, and Eggs of course. Or farming. Or insurance brokers. Or etc etc etc.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.