Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

whats the score with american express

whats the score with american express

Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:30 pm
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all
Default whats the score with american express

hi all
whats the score with american express ,, i have one in the uk but someone said if you do then you can tke that card and they can issue you witha canada one ,, is this true ,,i hope it is becuz its murder trying to get credit i already have a secured credit card ($1000).
will this amex get my credit rating better,
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:36 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: whats the score with american express

Originally Posted by cov lad
hi all
whats the score with american express ,, i have one in the uk but someone said if you do then you can tke that card and they can issue you witha canada one ,, is this true ,,i hope it is becuz its murder trying to get credit i already have a secured credit card ($1000).
Yes its possible

Yes it will help your credit rating

(and although you didnt ask Yes you will PROBABLY be allowed to keep your UK Card)
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:40 pm
dont be afraid to reply

cov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to allcov lad is a name known to all

cheers butch
what a player
any other ideas how i can bump up my credit
thanks once again
Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:51 pm
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

cheers butch
what a player
any other ideas how i can bump up my credit
thanks once again
I realise it doesnt quite make sense. BUT to attain a good credit rating DONT get too many cards, just get one or two and use them as often as possible.

Another Tip we were given was open a savings account along side your checking account and on a regular basis go to the cash machine withdraw say $10 from the checking account and deposit (using one of those little envelopes) in to the savings account. Apparently the powers that be think you are making good use of your accounts that way and start to offer you 'preferential services' (its POSSIBLY) worked for us.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

hi all
Yes, they will definitely exchange or offer you a Canadian Amex Card. I asked them only a couple of weeks ago
Old Aug 1st 2006, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

peterb is an unknown quantity at this point

I spoke with AMEX, they told me to contact them in Canada on arrival and they will issue a new card to you.

I thought it could be done from the UK, but they said no, however they added that no deposit was needed, just contact them and carry on.

Cheers

Peter

hi all
Old Aug 2nd 2006, 9:29 pm
dont be afraid to reply

[cheers peter
will contact them next week when i land

oh i have a green charge card not a credit card is that what you have ,, do u think it makes a difference

cheers buddy
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Investor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud ofInvestor has much to be proud of

hi all

You can transfer it online http://www10.americanexpress.com/sif..._en_nu=leftnav
Old Aug 3rd 2006, 3:06 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all
american express is brill, i've been with them for donkeys years and they were very co-operative and the only card that made life easy here to begin with.... for me, travel etc i find they give excellent service both with my uk and usa cards.