Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What's the opinion on transexuals

What's the opinion on transexuals

Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:16 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's the opinion on transexuals

Originally Posted by Elaine B.
Hi there

I guess you are always going to be in minority no matter where you live but if you move to Toronto for example the Church and Wellesley area is very accepting of everyone, you wouldn't get a second glance except maybe from the little girls at my sons school who would only stare if you were wearing a pretty dress. Even though I don't live in that neighbourhood anymore my son still goes to school there.

http://www.churchwellesleyvillage.ca/
I don't think it holds that gay people are necessarilly accepting of transexuals. I hear just as much cruelty about the "ugly tranny" on our block (Church and Carlton) from gay men as straight. Arguably having your nuts chopped off betrays your identity as a gay man.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 1:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I don't think it holds that gay people are necessarilly accepting of transexuals. I hear just as much cruelty about the "ugly tranny" on our block (Church and Carlton) from gay men as straight. Arguably having your nuts chopped off betrays your identity as a gay man.
never thought of that
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:53 pm
Happy here..

Eve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud ofEve N has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Canadian Citizen
One question.........

How come I seldom hear of a "female to male " transsexual move ??

Could it be that a woman can dress and act like a male and not get any undue attention ? But a "woman " with huge hands and a prominent adams apple is a dead give away?

Jim B. Toronto.
Jim is that you? B as in Bunting? I wrote you for ages by mail.Changed my server and lost you.Eve & Eric the Chefs living in Paris,France
Old Feb 24th 2008, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldbag
Oh for pete's sake, of course I know; your "slight correction" is inappropriate........
Truly sorry. Didn't mean it like that and as I said, I was sure neither did you.
Old Feb 24th 2008, 4:52 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

The Last Mayor of Winnipeg was openly Gay.

We have a Gay Pride parade and festival every year, never been a problem.

We have a Gay bar and a Gay night club, both are very popular with all as they are also "straight friendly".

Winnipeg is a City that has a small "bohemian" area called, Corydon Village, full of all sorts of characters.

One of the most successfully Realtors in my office is Gay and directly markets his service to the LGBT "community".

I have met more Gay people in Winnipeg than anywhere else I've lived. I assume it because they can be openly Gay, without fear, here.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:03 am
Moose Jaw's Ambassador

roanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant futureroanin has a brilliant future

Canada in general, is much more accepting of "alternative" life styles, than most other countries. Why, our armed forces will even pay for the surgery!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 8:30 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PhilG43
I am hoping to emigrate to canada very soon but i have a concern that i am not going to be accepted as i am a transexual (post op) and as i feel that Canada is a communnity of opportunity i still feel i will be one of a minority.
I was hopeing someone could give me a vote of confidence.

Sorry if it sounds a tad naive but why would you need to tell anyone?
Old Feb 25th 2008, 10:50 am
Forum Regular

Canadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant future

Eve N:

Yup thats me. My email is [email protected]

Headed to the foggy part of the east coast, I see ?

How far along is your application ?

Jim. B.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 11:22 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roanin
Canada in general, is much more accepting of "alternative" life styles, than most other countries. Why, our armed forces will even pay for the surgery!!
Officially, the armed forces are tolerant of alterative lifestyles. I have seen at first hand clear evidence of that. You wouldn't want to be a nancy boy in a combat unit, though.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

manchester1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: What's the opinion on transexuals

Hello my friend.
Complicated world we live in, is'nt It.
To ansewr your question, from over 40 years experience.
Big town, small town, there all the same. The difference is
you...how you precieve your self,treat others, and what is you agenda?
You've stated, that you are post op, whats the problem?
I've never seen you an do'nt know you,but was'nt the purpose of all
your painful surgery, to be as complete a female as possible?
Unless you are very masculine, and still look and act like a man,
there is no problem. I have a post op friend, in North Bay, Ontario...
way north. Very clicky small Ontario town. She has a good job, and great
friends. She is pretty but not a beauty... she is doing great, no problems.
Stay away from the gay scene, were ever you go, they are the biggest
back stabbers and trouble makers, because of there jelousy. After all, you are a women now. Find new friends, build a new wonderful home,find great friends in a good clean circle, and live my friend. You're life well have enough normal, bumps and grinds. Why creat new ones with jelous queens hanging around, ready to pounce and distroy all you've worked for.
Life is a bowl of cherries, strive for peace and perfection in all you do, and just enjoy.The rest comes naturaly.
Your friend Robin Jerowsky. [email protected]
Old Feb 25th 2008, 2:47 pm

bazzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Souvenir
Officially, the armed forces are tolerant of alterative lifestyles. I have seen at first hand clear evidence of that. You wouldn't want to be a nancy boy in a combat unit, though.
I don't think anyone should want to be in a combat unit. What kind of a job involves being shot at? It's madness.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bazzz
I don't think anyone should want to be in a combat unit. What kind of a job involves being shot at? It's madness.
Hi to the Original Poster

I have been watching this thread to see what sort of replies you have already received.

I am a little flumoxed how many people have been steering you to the larger cities such as Toronto etc.

I live in a smaller town in Southern Alberta which currently has a population of around 83,000 and to my knowledge we have quite a few either Transexuals, Transvestites and gay people. These people are well integrated into our community with little or no problems or narrow minded problems.

Canada is such a diverse culture that I have a feeling that anything goes and everyone is accepted due to the high number of foreign nationals which we have in the country. My OH plays soccer for the old fogies and his team is nearly all immigrants from one nationality or another and everyone lives in our town in perfect harmony 99% of the time.

As long as you are yourself without a "chip on your shoulder" then I think you should be ok wherever you know - when all said and done how many people in Canada do you have to "come out" to or openly admit you are a Transexual ? As you can tell I am a "what people dont know cant hurt them " kind of person and I think that until the time that you need to say anything to people this is how you should play it.

I wish you a tonne of love and luck with your new life and if things dont work out for you wherever you choose be sure to know that Lethbridge Alberta isnt anti-transexual etc.

Gaynor
x
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I live in a smaller town in Southern Alberta which currently has a population of around 83,000 and to my knowledge we have quite a few either Transexuals, Transvestites and gay people. These people are well integrated into our community with little or no problems or narrow minded problems.
That's an interesting point. A friend's uncle was a transvestite who lived in a small village in the south-west of England, where no-one seemed to care about him walking around in a dress; we went to the village fete one year and he was openly out there running one of the stalls.

You may find that you're more likely to run into haters in a big city than small towns where people mind their own business... but if you do run into haters in a small town you'll have a hard time getting away from them.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Canadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant futureCanadian Citizen has a brilliant future

Bazz :

Isn't it a GOOD thing that not everyone thinks your way, otherwise we'd have no Police , would we ?

What personal threat to YOUR safety would it take for you to defend yourself ? Or would you try to " reason " with the person who is trying to kill you ?

Thank goodness that we as a country have people who ARE willing to fight, and DIE, if necessary, to defend us.

I was one of them, for 30 years.

Jim B. Toronto.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:40 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Canadian Citizen
Bazz :

Isn't it a GOOD thing that not everyone thinks your way, otherwise we'd have no Police , would we ?

What personal threat to YOUR safety would it take for you to defend yourself ? Or would you try to " reason " with the person who is trying to kill you ?

Thank goodness that we as a country have people who ARE willing to fight, and DIE, if necessary, to defend us.

I was one of them, for 30 years.

Jim B. Toronto.
Something which, given your comments on the racism thread, is truly frightening.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.