British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   What are your reasons for wanting to come to Canada? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/what-your-reasons-wanting-come-canada-115209/)

dm543 Nov 1st 2002 12:24 am

What are your reasons for wanting to come to Canada?

I want to hear peoples reasons for wanting to move to Canada.

Post away!

zico Nov 1st 2002 12:38 am

Re: What are your reasons for wanting to come to Canada?

Honestly because i got laid off from my American company, and would rather move north than east or south. Also, it's very similar to the American way of life except in Quebec where I am planning to move.

Raghu Nov 1st 2002 1:16 am

1. One of the best countries to live. :confused:
2. The Canadian Govt is pro-active & wants to make sure that all best
people from all countries with sound h/wealth live in Canada,
promoting multi-culturalism. ;) :( :o
3. Much cheaper health costs compared to USA. :D

4. Got bored of India & Wanted to try migrating to another country just
for a change! :p

mb_bound Nov 1st 2002 2:32 am

What are your reasons for wanting to come to Canada?

Canada:

-Canada is a land, proud, free & unique.

-The most beautiful land on earth.

-A fair and just social & political system.

-A hybrid ground for multiculturalism, without forgetting the importance of being a proud Canadian.

-A country that treasures its people as much as the people treasure their country.

As the great anthem goes:

Oh Canada,

Our home and native land,

True patriot love,

In all thy sons command,

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The true north strong and free,

From far and wide, Oh Canada,

We stand on guard for thee,

God keep our land,

Glorious and free,

Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee,

Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

One day, I shall proudly stand and announce to those before me:

"I am Canadian�

- though they may not care, it will not matter, because I’ll know I belong to the greatest nation on earth; Canada.

Mike.

REM Nov 1st 2002 3:01 am

I will be proud to be a Canadian. They treat people with dignity !!

I plan to move because my green card process in the US is stuck for ever and I dont want to be a slave and kiss the INS ass every day for a living.

I want to be able to tell my children that I worked with dignity, honesty and I earned my wealth and status because of my true strength and merits and not by being a brown nose !!

Thats a good enough reason, aint it ??

thekingofmemphi Nov 1st 2002 2:29 pm

There can be many reasons:

a. To get greencard, almost all the time, you are to kiss the ass of INS. Which is so humiliating to a self-respecting person.
b. It appears like America uses you when it needs and then declares unlawful/illegal and deports you when it does not need. IT appears like, INS is a machine that converts illegals into legal and hardworking lawful people into illegals.

c. You may fall out of status by some unfortunate event on the long journey to US greencard. Then they call you "illegal immigrant". And now, people out of status are treated as if they are criminals.

C. Canada, even without the need for interview, trusts you and provides you permanent residency if you meet their criteria. I feel honored by Canada and I want to respect Canada.

D. However, I confess that there are many Americans who are wonderful people. I do not hate Americans at all.