Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What was your dream?

What was your dream?

Old Feb 19th 2011, 2:58 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What was your dream?

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Thanks Mand - learned a new word there today
Well, I for one, am very very happy at your new enlightenment.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:02 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Well BE has proved to be very educational over the years - not only did I manage to successfully do all the bl**dy paperwork for emigration with the help of folks on here, but I have learned many new concepts, words, tips and techniques that I would never have known about, in particular the necessity of block heaters, things you can do with bacon, and numerous new words for parts of the human anatomy.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:21 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fledermaus
I hope I have never had anything as vomit inducing as a dream nor suffered any rollercoaster rides of emotion.

However we came to Canada with the idea that Flederman would be able to get a job that would pay enough so that I could work part time and the rest of the time indulge my penchant for painting. We would have a house with a studio and I would become crazy cat lady artist.

After four and a half years we have two cats but no studio. I'm painting in the corner of the kitchen. I'm crazy but the meds help.
I've had three paintings accepted in a juried art show somethings going right.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 8:55 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

That's fantastic, well done
Old Mar 6th 2011, 10:39 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh, do post the snaps.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

fuzzbottle will become famous soon enoughfuzzbottle will become famous soon enough
Default Re: What is my dream?

Future tense....Mortgage free...new adventure..big country lots of space..from friends out there...nicer society..no ASBO's!!...no feral kids... still looking for negatives!!!
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:46 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Ooh, do post the snaps.
Here they are, the photo quality isn't good....
Attached Thumbnails What was your dream?-65751_1768843666045_1387826100_32049874_1571923_n.jpg   What was your dream?-58036_1792173969288_1387826100_32096958_6581413_n.jpg   What was your dream?-155531_1752800344972_1387826100_32017698_3646822_n.jpg  

Last edited by fledermaus; Mar 6th 2011 at 11:57 pm.
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:51 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute

None too shabby...
Old Mar 6th 2011, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

canbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to beholdcanbritdenise is a splendid one to behold

Here they are, the photo quality isn't good....
Lovely paintings.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:42 am
Born again atheist

The local expert (who must be right of course) and I agree that #2 is win worthy indeed.

Best of luck and well done.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:45 am
Account Closed

Ooh, do post the snaps.
The local expert (who must be right of course) and I agree that #2 is win worthy indeed.

Best of luck and well done.
Only #2??

Scotland BTW Firth of Forth
Old Mar 7th 2011, 12:49 am
Born again atheist

Only #2??

Scotland BTW Firth of Forth
I didn't mean that. Just that it's our fave, like.

God! Artists!!
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:33 am
Account Closed

I didn't mean that. Just that it's our fave, like.

God! Artists!!
So temperamental I know. The best painting went to another artist, my acheivement was having all three selected to exhibit. My teacher was there and she only had two chosen. ehem. Now I am hoping someone will buy one of them

PS I take commissions..........
Old Mar 7th 2011, 2:22 am
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

They're really rather good.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

AllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of lightAllyS is a glorious beacon of light

Here goes nothing.........

GENERALLY:-

Explore Canada and N.America, Central and S.America and the Carribean - lots of awesome roadtrips.

Experience the Canadian culture and meet great people, make more friends...

Space, space, space in preference to the over-crowding in the UK!

My perception that Canada was less 'dog eat dog' than the UK - a more gentle attitude towards other people.

Lower crime rates, beautiful surroundings, housing not falling down and in better repair cf. the UK.

Escape the SE of the UK - spent nearly 20 yrs of my life there (waaaaaay tooo long). Roads so congested and non-stop roadworks, trains never on time, infrastructure generally hasn't been upgraded in 30yrs, or is it 50yrs now?

Labour government plunged the UK into massive debt that they are making everyone pay for.

PERSONAL:-

Buy a lovely place with a large garage (for my hubby) so he can do his car projects... Classic 50s cars :0)

Buy a horse, ride for miles and miles into the mountains, along amazing trails, packhorse trips etc...

Get lots of experience in the Oil and Gas industry in Alberta, good salary etc...

Safe place to bring up children, good education system etc.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.