Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What are you up to while you wait?

What are you up to while you wait?

Old Jan 28th 2011, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

VW092906 is on a distinguished road
Default What are you up to while you wait?

My spousal sponsorship application has been approved now we are waiting to hear back about my husbands bit. Im not sure what the chances are of it being rejected... Or how often this happens and on what grounds etc... or how long this part will be! seems like some people are hearing back in 2 months but online it says it could take 9!

... SO... Im waiting, trying to be patient, and thinking of all the things that will have to be done if we get the OK.

It got me wondering what everyone else is up to ? I was thinking of maybe getting some prices for moving furniture vs just boxes, looking into moving the cats, selling some of our accumulated stuff etc.

Im just so scared to do ANYTHING in case this doesnt happen.

So what are you all doing? any "to-do" lists you want to share? lol

Valentina
Old Jan 28th 2011, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

heading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to allheading-west is a name known to all
Default Re: What are you up to while you wait?

Hi Valentina,
1. we did our house up and put it on the market for sale last sept, still not sold yet, fingers crossed it will be soon.

2. had a major clear out of clutter and unwanted stuff. mostly gave it to friends to re-distribute, couldnt be bothered with ebaying it

3. we are doing as much research about our chosen bit of Nova Scotia

4. research about housing options there

5. research about vehicles

6. learning language differences for all of the above lol

7. had a couple of near nervous breakdowns whilst waiting

8. lurk by the letter box each day.... the postman thinks ive got a thing for him!

9. had a re-think about the size of removals we want and now buying more furniture to take with us

10. hanging around in here.....am i addicted or is my chair comfy.....?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Robin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond reputeRobin (The Gadget family) has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VW092906
My spousal sponsorship application has been approved now we are waiting to hear back about my husbands bit. Im not sure what the chances are of it being rejected... Or how often this happens and on what grounds etc... or how long this part will be! seems like some people are hearing back in 2 months but online it says it could take 9!

... SO... Im waiting, trying to be patient, and thinking of all the things that will have to be done if we get the OK.

It got me wondering what everyone else is up to ? I was thinking of maybe getting some prices for moving furniture vs just boxes, looking into moving the cats, selling some of our accumulated stuff etc.

Im just so scared to do ANYTHING in case this doesnt happen.

So what are you all doing? any "to-do" lists you want to share? lol

Valentina
There is an extensive 'to do' list in the wiki....have you found that yet?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:59 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

hi, we got our NS nomination last October and fed forms went in on the 3rd November.
Since then we have;
- agonised over choices of what to do
- finished decorating our house and stuck it on the market thinking it will take a while
- sold it in a week (yes I know we are very lucky)
- been through the full survey experience
- resigned from jobs
- house is due to exchange on Monday to complete March 3rd
- booked flights to Germany to see my mum in Feb
- planned our flights to NS in early March to arrive as visitors and look for jobs (as we have nomination)
- got an interview booked in each when we arrive
- cats good to go
- shippers are booked
- had some sleepless nights!
- now watching med requests timelines on here like hawks

of course we could have just sat still and waited for meds and PR here but thought we would just go for it

Last edited by Howefamily; Jan 29th 2011 at 8:21 pm. Reason: error
Old Jan 29th 2011, 8:24 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

oh yes and have become addicted to Ebay. I am buying all the second hand books by authors I love that I can lay my hands on. Replacing all that are falling apart by new previously loved versions.
We have thrown out chest of drawers that are falling apart and bought replacement antique pine ones on ebay.
We are selling flymos and other big items on ebay and giving other stuff away.
We are also buying new bedlinen in the Laura Ashley sale as it fits our bed that we are taking. No chintz can I add, just the fresh white stuff

just got to fly to Ikea one more time and I think thats it!