Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What would you change (if you could) about canada?

What would you change (if you could) about canada?

Old Jan 24th 2006, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What would you change (if you could) about canada?

Originally Posted by SAW 04
I don't know how I will cope when we arrive in Nova "no Sunday trading" Scotia!!

Even not being able to buy a car on a Saturday afternoon or Sunday was a bit of a culture shock on arrival in New Brunswick. (But strangely you can buy a house at midnight on a Sunday or any other time your realtor is prepared to work).

SAW 04
The car thing was strange indeed - isn't Sunday the busiest day for dealers in the UK? On the plus side, it gave us time to wander round lots knowing that we would not be hassled as all the dealers were safely out of our way on the golf course
Old Jan 26th 2006, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Hi guys
i just thought i would check in on the thread. Been another hard week. My mother has just had an operation to remove a cancerous growth and yesterday we had some really sad news about my sons best friend.
My son is 15 and his best friend is the best. We received a call to say his best freinds father had been tragicaly killed in a crane accident. Not sure if any of you heard about it. It was in London Ontario and the road collapsed, He was in the crane for two hours after the accident.
It is so sad because they are such a wonderful family. Always bubbly and full of jokes. 42 years old with a wife and 2 children. It just makes you sit back and think about how precious life really is.

They say 'what does't kill you will make you stronger'! Well i am the iron lady!
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:16 pm

Covenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond reputeCovenant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by babyblue
Hi guys
i just thought i would check in on the thread. Been another hard week. My mother has just had an operation to remove a cancerous growth and yesterday we had some really sad news about my sons best friend.
My son is 15 and his best friend is the best. We received a call to say his best freinds father had been tragicaly killed in a crane accident. Not sure if any of you heard about it. It was in London Ontario and the road collapsed, He was in the crane for two hours after the accident.
It is so sad because they are such a wonderful family. Always bubbly and full of jokes. 42 years old with a wife and 2 children. It just makes you sit back and think about how precious life really is.

They say 'what does't kill you will make you stronger'! Well i am the iron lady!
Or the Iron butterfly. Seriously though, sad news. Not a good way to start the year, I can only hope that it gets better for you.
Best
Cov.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 2:28 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
In England and Wales I used to scoff at the "24hr Tesco" stores (illuminated signs to say they were just that!) that closed Saturday overnight, Sunday overnight early and didn't re-open until 9am Monday morning.
This is very annoying. Even the huge stores in London lie about their opening times. Earls Court Tesco, I mean you.

I don't know how I will cope when we arrive in Nova "no Sunday trading" Scotia!!
I'm not a big shopper, but the idea of just knowing that I couldn't even if I wanted to would drive me potty.

Sorry to hear about your friend, babyblue. That poor family.
Old Jan 26th 2006, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by babyblue
Hi guys

Sorry to hear about your sad news! You are indeed the iron lady and I will send some karma to you as well!

Hope things improve for you in the coming months
Old Jan 26th 2006, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Covenant
Or the Iron butterfly. Seriously though, sad news. Not a good way to start the year, I can only hope that it gets better for you.
Best
Cov.
That is me!
The Iron Butterfly!
fragile but have to be stronge!