Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What sites in UK must we see before we leave?

What sites in UK must we see before we leave?

Old Aug 5th 2006, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

MrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really nice
Default What sites in UK must we see before we leave?

We are starting to realise that we haven't actually travelled much of this great land. We are in the Cotswolds and never really seem to escape. We went up the Malvern Hills last weekend. We really enjoyed it and thought we should do it more often.

We might take a few weekends away before we go but where??
Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really niceHudman is just really nice
Default Re: What sites in UK must we see before we leave?

Originally Posted by MrsWillow
We are starting to realise that we haven't actually travelled much of this great land. We are in the Cotswolds and never really seem to escape. We went up the Malvern Hills last weekend. We really enjoyed it and thought we should do it more often.

West Penwith Cornwall, area, quite unique and diverse scenery. The coast line from St Ives Westward is stunning.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

Deer Hunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Devon, Bath and Edinburgh. And you must visit Westminster Abbey.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

hudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of lighthudd is a glorious beacon of light

We found living in Ontario and Alberta you really missed the coast. I would go say to Lulworth Cove in Dorset or Lyme Regis, South Downs are not too far from the Cotswolds. Robin Hood Bay in Yorkshire
Old Aug 5th 2006, 5:14 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Cheddar Gorge - especially the caves there.

There are thousands of brilliant places to vist here ....... you are obviously not going to Canada for the scenery
Old Aug 5th 2006, 5:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mrs. Willow

From a tourist's point of view, I thought I'd mention a couple of the places that I really enjoyed seeing (I could fill the screen, but will only mention 2!)

- The Lake District
- The Scottish Borders

Have a wonderful time exploring your beautiful countryside!

Cheers

Oggy
Old Aug 5th 2006, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

sbays is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NessieOggy
Hi Mrs. Willow

From a tourist's point of view, I thought I'd mention a couple of the places that I really enjoyed seeing (I could fill the screen, but will only mention 2!)

- The Lake District
- The Scottish Borders

Have a wonderful time exploring your beautiful countryside!

Cheers

Oggy
Depends what you like, countryside,town, city, I always had a thing for Scotland, spent alot of time fishing there as a kid.....
Old Aug 5th 2006, 6:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud ofBsidebaby has much to be proud of

finchingfield- essex, lavenham-suffolk, agree with lulworth cove, mevagissey - cornwall, long melford - suffolk, kentwell hall - suffolk umm i'm sure there are more but cant think now!
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

britishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond reputebritishvixen21 has a reputation beyond repute

I always think that the Midlands is a great place to explore, lots of history, places like Nottingham, chesterfield, Bakewell (where bakewell tarts come from) and alike.

Id also take a short break to Southern Ireland (I know its not the UK but you are so close and flights are so cheap) do the ring of Kerry Beatiful countryside and beatiful people.
Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:14 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

Clacton-on-Sea!

Old Aug 5th 2006, 9:39 pm
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Originally Posted by hot wasabi peas
Clacton-on-Sea!

.lol.

Bearing in mind that landscapes are plentiful over there, whilst ancient fortresses, walled cities and Cathedrals are not... I'd check out York, then go see Warwick Castle.

The Lakes get a heartfelt second from me too, though Windermere is rammed in the summer; better to find somewhere a little further from the beaten path.
Old Aug 6th 2006, 8:50 am

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Glencoe, Loch Lomond, Edinburgh, Skye and the Highlands
Old Aug 6th 2006, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond reputeStuarty has a reputation beyond repute

The point of the Mull of Galloway, in South West Scotland and the Isle of Arran especially the view from the top of Goat Fell
Stuarty
Old Aug 6th 2006, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

MrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hudman
West Penwith Cornwall, area, quite unique and diverse scenery. The coast line from St Ives Westward is stunning.
I totally agree, we were there a few months ago! Got fat on pasties, fishh and chips and cream teas!
Old Aug 6th 2006, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Deer Hunter
Devon, Bath and Edinburgh. And you must visit Westminster Abbey.
funnily enough we were thinking of Edinburgh

I have been to Westminster Abbey, i remember being amazed all those years ago.

I think I would have to drag DH screaming and kicking into London, I'm afraid.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.