Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is a Quadruple Standard Room?

What is a Quadruple Standard Room?

Old Oct 10th 2008, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

JoolsGod is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What is a Quadruple Standard Room?

Hello All,

I am looking at hotels in Edmonton and i have come across one offering a quadruple standard room!

Does anyone know what configuration the beds would be in a room like this?
I have looked at the hotel website and can find nothing.

The room is for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 14 and 11.

Thanks.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

emma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura aboutemma69 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What is a Quadruple Standard Room?

No idea for sure, but perhaps 2 doubles? I.e. it could sleep 4 people?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:21 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JoolsGod
Hello All,

I am looking at hotels in Edmonton and i have come across one offering a quadruple standard room!

Does anyone know what configuration the beds would be in a room like this?
I have looked at the hotel website and can find nothing.

The room is for 2 adults and 2 kids aged 14 and 11.

Thanks.
Most often, I think, this would mean two big beds .... probably queen-sized. If you want to be sure then I'd suggest calling the hotel and asking them.

It's OK for 4 people so long as your kids don't mind sharing, and is usually the cheapest way to do things. If it's standard then it'll probably have a TV, but not a whole lot of extra running around room. There may be a small table you can sit at for snacks etc.

Breakfast in most hotels is not included in the price unless stated. There is normally a dining room/restaurant within the building where you can eat though. At one place we had to eat next door! There may or may not be room service for light meals. There should be an en-suite bathroom, small but functional, but probably not a jaccuzzi!

edit: on the bed-sharing front, we appeased our teenage boys one time by allowing them to put a pillow between their two selves to ensure they each kept to their own halves!
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:40 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Morwenna
edit: on the bed-sharing front, we appeased our teenage boys one time by allowing them to put a pillow between their two selves to ensure they each kept to their own halves!
But the pillow takes up room and they no longer each have half, more like a third.

Been there done that and been told the above by my two.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 9:04 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_P
But the pillow takes up room and they no longer each have half, more like a third.

Been there done that and been told the above by my two.
True, true ..... but like I always say .... "A mother's place is in the wrong!"
Old Oct 10th 2008, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

JoolsGod is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you to everyone for your help with that. On most descriptions it says two queen beds so the quadruple thing threw me a bit!

Have already said to the kids about the pillow idea! A few squabbles are expected!!!

Thanks again.