Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What is happening in Kamloops - Mines?

What is happening in Kamloops - Mines?

Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:56 pm
Journeyman Canadian

scimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of lightscimdarren is a glorious beacon of light
Default What is happening in Kamloops - Mines?

Hi
I heard from a co worker who came from Kamloops that the Copper Mine near Kamloops is expanding, plus talk of a brand new mine opening near the city?

I am comfortable here in Winnipeg employed as an Industrial Electrician, but I would certainly consider a move, if the right opportunity presented itself.

Anyone from Kamloops shed any light?

Thanks

Darren
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is happening in Kamloops - Mines?

Hi the new afton mine has been expanding recently heres a link to the site http://newgold.com/Careers/NewAfton/default.aspx

there is a proposed Ajax mine up near aberdeen thats proposed. its currently going through all the formalities, as there is a lot of public outcry about it being so close to the city, but theres alot in favor as well. So right now i've no idea if that will get the greenlight.

http://www.ajaxmine.ca/news.html
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:07 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute

If Ajax goes ahead, what's it's going to do to real estate prices in Aberdeen 4d32ftw?
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute4d32ftw has a reputation beyond repute

personally, I think if it gets the green light there will be an immediate impact from the familes that don't want to live that close, so we could see a number of houses all come on the market at once, which could easily impact that areas prices, but on the otherhand sales in Aberdeen still remain high and its still one of the most popular places to buy and live in town.

Once the intitial impact subsides we would need to wait to see what the actual impact of a working mine there will be on real estate.

I have a personal interest as I live on the edge of pineview that backs onto the hillside. So i'm trying to work out what I should do, and if i'll be directly impacted by it.