Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What to expect post interview...if you didn't get the job..

What to expect post interview...if you didn't get the job..

Old May 22nd 2007, 11:08 am

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to expect post interview...if you didn't get the job..

Originally Posted by allie2
I may regret this post but..you sound like you all need cheering up...I moved here 28th Jan and am now an IT recruitment consultant who knows the UK companies and is obviously happy to do reference calls in the UK so don't have an issue with 'no canadian experience'. If you are a landed immigrant AND you live in BC, you can email me at [email protected] and I will try and help you. Please mention BritishExpats.com in your mail...and please make sure your resume is longer than 1 page as a 1 page resume tells me nothing! Specific jobs I am filling this week are Oracle, BI, SQL Server, Peoplesoft and are based in Vancouver, Burnaby and Victoria. We have many others but those topics are my speciality....

Also check out www.rht.com for specific job postings, resume tips, etc.
Hello,
I hope you don't mind me being so cheeky in replying to an email you sent a while ago.
My name is Terese and my husband Paul and I currently live in the UK and are looking to come to your area. I am being interviewed for nursing positions, and my husband plans to look for work when he comes over as we have been told as a management accountant, he would have to get canadian experience in this field to get a job.
Can I ask, is this right, is there no way of going for interview before we move or have something lined up for when we arrive?
Are there any agencies that can help?
I appreciate your time in reading this,
Thank you.
Terese Thomas