Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do you wish you had shipped

What do you wish you had shipped

Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

Location: In the wilds of Chelsea, Québec but only 15 mins from Ottawa...
Tango Mike is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you wish you had shipped

I seem to remember a similar thread before but can't find it.

Anyways, we will probably have about 10m3 spare in our container and are thinking we may as well use it up.... WHAT SHOULD WE BRING??? (Moving to Quebec, either Montreal or Ottawa-end..)

Obviously, we are restricted by our 'Goods to Follow' list but I am thinking along the lines of stuff for the kids (currently aged 5 and 19 months) or household items that are much more expensive or difficult to find in Canada.

Many thanks for any (sensible) answers!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:37 pm
Displaced Disgrace

Joe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond reputeJoe_Sleepy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you wish you had shipped

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=702008
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

rich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to allrich07 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Tango Mike

Anyways, we will probably have about 10m3 spare in our container and are thinking we may as well use it up.... WHAT SHOULD WE BRING??? (Moving to Quebec, either Montreal or Ottawa-end..)

Obviously, we are restricted by our 'Goods to Follow' list but I am thinking along the lines of stuff for the kids (currently aged 5 and 19 months) or household items that are much more expensive or difficult to find in Canada.

Dilutable squash and Heinz baked beans and proper chocolate
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:00 pm
agr
Occidentally Damaged

agr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to beholdagr is a splendid one to behold

A quick calculation suggests that if you filled that 10 cu m with Twinings tea in 500g tins, you could save approximately $192,000 at today's prices. And 3 tonnes of the stuff should last you quite a long time - several months at least.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

ladylord is an unknown quantity at this point

I would bring more kids clothing for future years. Found the choice and prices better in UK than here in Vancouver.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:08 pm
Forum Regular

the bucket woman has a spectacular aura aboutthe bucket woman has a spectacular aura aboutthe bucket woman has a spectacular aura about

Good quality sheets are expensive here, so I wish I'd bought more of those with me.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Next clothing for the kids! I always get mum to bring some over, altho apparently Next will be shipping to Canada soon! They are in the US already!!!
I can buy Twinings tea at a reasonable price in extra foods, and English cadburys dairy milk is for sale here at xmas in the 1kg bars for less than you would pay in the UK! (cheapest I paid was $11.99! and trust me I bought a few!LOL)
They also now sell english giant cadburys buttons in various stores now too!

Curtains would be on my list! Its hard to find nice curtains over here at a good price! That and nylon curtain hooks! Again you can only buy these very dangerous pointy things for the kids curtains! And my friend had to make my kids rooms curtains as we couldnt find any ready made ones we liked.

Good luck with the move!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

lounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to alllounan is a name known to all

Clothing for kids is a must have a good shop before you leave, its really rather expensive crap ie old navy,walmart, zellers etc that seems to fall apart.
Descent bedding and curtains such a lack of choice here..

Cadburys choc,(tastes different her) Heinz soup

Good luck with the move, kids are going to love it here
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:02 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Felinfoel
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:16 am
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Knickers and bras.

Le Creusot casserole dishes.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Location: In the wilds of Chelsea, Québec but only 15 mins from Ottawa...
Tango Mike is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow that's helpful and lots of agreement too!

What does one mean by 'proper' chocolate as my husband is French and laughs when I call Cadbury's (or Kraft or whatever it is now) 'chocolate'... He does love his Heinz Baked Beans though!

Was ist denn 'Felinfoel' when it's at home

Thanks a lot guys. We are a bit daunted but excited too!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

Would have split a 40 ft container with Tennents Lager - Wallaces Scotch Pies and proper Donner Kebabs
Old Feb 19th 2011, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

oh ! And would have thrown in some Chinese food from the Mandarin Garden
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

thesidds has a spectacular aura aboutthesidds has a spectacular aura aboutthesidds has a spectacular aura about

My Uk tv and video player - just for playing those funny old videos from way back!!!! Even if I would have to run them through a transformer!!!
Old Feb 19th 2011, 6:13 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nldfc
Would have split a 40 ft container with Tennents Lager - Wallaces Scotch Pies and proper Donner Kebabs
I’ll go halves on your container and add Special Brew, Mandarin House chinese takeaway dinner for one, Kent korker sausages and some boxes of Monster Munch.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.