Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do you think of flyers?

What do you think of flyers?

Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:08 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you think of flyers?

I get an insane amount of flyers here every week on a Thursday - I actually quite like looking at them, I just wish there wasn't such a waste of paper in doing them....

What do you think of them?
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:11 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think of flyers?

Originally Posted by G77
I get an insane amount of flyers here every week on a Thursday - I actually quite like looking at them, I just wish there wasn't such a waste of paper in doing them....

Don't get any, so don't give them a thought.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:11 pm
Banned

earlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really niceearlswoody is just really nice

Originally Posted by G77

Great if you have got a logburning stove...
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:12 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by G77

We get two bags each week. I keep the large pieces of paper if I'm decorating that weekend. The rest goes stright into the recycling bin.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

I found them useful for the first few months in Canada, in getting to know names of stores, who sells what, what kind of prices etc. - now they're a pain. They go straight in the recycling, don't even open the bags to look at them. We tried leaving them to pile up at the end of the drive for the boy/girl to take the hint but no good. I'd have a "no flyers" sign here but I don't think the neighbours would like it
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G77

We used to get a hugh pile of flyers in Toronto every Friday night I used to look at them but then after awhile they just went straight into the recycling bin.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:18 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

I get quite a lot of advertising crap in my communal mailbox at the end of the street. I post it back through the mail slot.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:20 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

G77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond reputeG77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
I found them useful for the first few months in Canada, in getting to know names of stores, who sells what, what kind of prices etc. - now they're a pain. They go straight in the recycling, don't even open the bags to look at them. We tried leaving them to pile up at the end of the drive for the boy/girl to take the hint but no good. I'd have a "no flyers" sign here but I don't think the neighbours would like it
Ours don't come in a bag, they come inside a free cut down version of the Windsor Star, which they put in the newspaper rack outside the front door, so can't really leave them there... We have one lot first thing on a Thurs and then another lot later in the day and then sometimes more on a Friday
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:27 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Souvenir
I get quite a lot of advertising crap in my communal mailbox at the end of the street. I post it back through the mail slot.
Snap! I like to keep the mailman busy.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:38 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

They're a 'must' unless you don't mind spending $100 when you need only spend around $70.

As I never tire of saying, we spend 10-15 minutes looking and listing what's a good deal that week and which store. I use that list as a guide for which store to go to, when and what to get.

Nearly every week so much of what we regularly buy will, at one of the stores, be half to two-thirds of what it normally sells for.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but both places I've lived in Canada, the different stores have been close enough to each other to call at one on the way back from another.

I probably spend an hour in two stores rather than 45 mins in one and I reckon to spend $65-$75 for every $100 of normal prices.

It would be nice if the flyers were just the grocery and drugstore ones. There are too many and too often of the DIY types/Sears/Bay etc
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:41 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

We get the supermarkets/Sears/CT etc weekly flyers and I find they are great for picking up half price food offers. All our supermarkets are pretty close together so its not as if we have to travel miles for bargains.

Got boneless sirloin tip oven roast for $2.79 lb this week - threw a 4lb piece in the slow cooker overnight and woweeee
Old Nov 6th 2008, 3:43 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlswoody
Great if you have got a logburning stove...
But they're not. They're mainly printed on glossy paper. We burn newspapers, boxes, packaging, we can almost hear the house using LCBO bags, but flyers I end up hauling to the dump
Old Nov 6th 2008, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

I flyer delivery for a few months back in the UK, and I'm guessing that over here the people delivering them only get paid for each one delivered. They did get checked up on as we've had someone knock our door and ask if we've had ours delivered on the week they named.

The company whose number is printed on the carrier bag containing said flyers, which drops through the door every Friday here, are not interested if you are trying to stop them delivering.

Perhaps we should have a Do Not Post Junk Mail list. They don't pay attention to the note on my door either.
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

SambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond reputeSambaDeAmigo has a reputation beyond repute

I like checking them out when they arrive. They often have good deals, especially on food.
But then, I was an avid subscriber of HotUkDeals or MoneySavingExpert, always on the look out for good deals.
You can also find the flyers and latest deals on smartcanucks.ca
Old Nov 6th 2008, 8:35 pm
G77
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by SambaDeAmigo
I like checking them out when they arrive. They often have good deals, especially on food.
But then, I was an avid subscriber of HotUkDeals or MoneySavingExpert, always on the look out for good deals.
You can also find the flyers and latest deals on smartcanucks.ca
Thanks for that site - not seen that one before, presume you've already seen www.redflagdeals.com - I also used to like hotukdeals back in the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.