Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do you order to be shipped on-line?

What do you order to be shipped on-line?

Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:32 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute
Default What do you order to be shipped on-line?

Reading the really interesting replies on the thread, "What do you wish you had Shppied" makes me ask - What do you order on the Internet from the UK or elsewhere? I too think that kids clothes in Canada don't seem up to snuff, but then I'm not sold on women's fashion either. I know that Marks and Sparks will send to Canada. What other sites or shops that ship to Canada would you recommend?
Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:35 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you order to be shipped on-line?

Everything!
Old Apr 19th 2011, 11:06 am
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

We don't order stuff to be shipped to Canada as that is prohibitively expensive. We do purchase stuff online in UK for collection on a trip home or forwarding on by ever loving parents. In Canada we shop online with Amazon (sadly Amazon.ca is not a patch on .co.uk but it is coming along) and LL Bean from the US. Oh and something called Holly Yashi jewelry that the Mrs raves about. Me? I buy Arctic Cat parts on line.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud ofSam-in-Okotoks has much to be proud of

We order clothing from Fat Face, if you know a few people that want fat face clothing it makes the shipping very reasonable and we have never been charged customs fee's.

www.fatface.com/Deliveries/page/deliveries
Deliveries to Rest of the World cost £12.00 for the first item and then £3.00 for each additional item up to a maximum of £30.00
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:30 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Now that I finally got a hack to work on a DVD player I ordered some DVDs from Amazon UK. They have some amazing bargains right now.

The complete Cold Feet for just over £13 and the House of Cards Trilogy for £8. No VAT and I didn't even have to pay Canadian tax.

More to come.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:33 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Saxophone Reeds from the states. Half the price of getting them locally.

Kids clothing isnt a problem if you know where to shop.

The OH gets shoes.. shes a hard to shop for size. Going to buy some spectacles on line shortly. Hope its not a mistake. Certainly a lot cheaper than a real store.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 19th 2011 at 2:51 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 2:48 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of stuff

Just ordered a pair of adidas adizero soccer boots. Half price online. For my lads summer season. (Its all for the kids u know lol)

Also we get 70% of our Rc plane parts from the internet.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Primarily DVDs and books: there are quite a few that aren't available in Canada at all and many others that are much cheaper (particularly since you don't pay VAT on DVDs).

For example, I think I paid less than $25 for the complete 'Band of Brothers' show on Blu-Ray from Amazon UK last year vs over $50 in stores here.
Old Apr 19th 2011, 10:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond reputeChookie has a reputation beyond repute

I don't order anything from the UK, but do get books/DVD's etc from Amazon.

And I have a bad, bad yarn habit from knitpicks . I have taken to hiding my purchases in the most unlikely places in order to conceal just how much I really have!

Only another knitter will understand what I mean...
Old Apr 20th 2011, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

LucyLovelock is an unknown quantity at this point

Well seeing as NEXT is now in the states, I have been harrassing them by email!LOL to find out when they will ship to Canada, and they have said by the end of this month?!?! I will believe it when I see it, but I LOVE Next clothes for myself and my girls and would be SUPER excited if they actually did this!!!

Wouldnt it be great if Tesco did too?! My friend and I ordered some Next and tesco shopping, got it delivered to my mums house and she then sent a suitcase which weighed about 22kg from the UK to us out here, and it only cost about 68 pounds with DHL!!!(well through a company who uses DHL)
We got stung with customs even tho most of it was xmas pressies in there too, so need to find out how we dont get stung next time!