Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What do you like about living in your part of Canada?

What do you like about living in your part of Canada?

Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:26 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What do you like about living in your part of Canada?

Originally Posted by Jay-Producer
Hey I'm not lazy and i haven't been arrogant, now your being rude. It's 13 pages it would take me hours to read it all. For all i know it could be useless and boring that why I was polity asking if someone could summaries it. You'd think by the way your acting I was asking for a house to be built. Instead of wasting my time I'm going to read it then be nice and summaries it for others because your obviously a lazy selfish git. I don't expect everyone to read all 13 pages that's ridiculous asking for that.
PLONK.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:26 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Hey I'm not lazy and i haven't been arrogant, now your being rude. It's 13 pages it would take me hours to read it all. For all i know it could be useless and boring that why I was polity asking if someone could summaries it. You'd think by the way your acting I was asking for a house to be built. Instead of wasting my time I'm going to read it then be nice and summaries it for others because your obviously a lazy selfish git. I don't expect everyone to read all 13 pages that's ridiculous asking for that.
Okay, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt cos it's the internet and all that, but DUDE. hahahahahahaha.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:27 pm

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Hours? are you six or something? You could read it all in 10 minutes. Five if you skim-read it.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:42 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone care to summaries what everyone has been saying, id suspect everyone would agree there's more space for example.
It's about what you like about living in your part of Canada.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Read up to page 8 - skimmed through the pages and everyone started having a handbag fight about TV and Radio in the UK compared to Canada. I got bored and didn't feel there would be much more info based on the OP.

Since Steve is selfish and cant do a nice deed. Im doing a nice deed instead of them wasting time reading the bandbag fights.

In summary this is what people seem to be agreeing on:

Knocking down buildings and replace with new.
Supermarkets are huge and less choice, which can be seen as a good thing. Good quality items and not much of that rubbish ready meal stuff.
Less taxes
Lots of green space
Space in general (everyone seems to love it)
Friendly people
Less yobs around
Less stressful - The slower pace of life
Kids can be kids – in pretty much every way possible
Less traffic on the roads
Believe it or not a lot of people like the weather – good sunny days.
Bigger houses
No MOT on your car
Plenty of parking and cheap
Higher standard of customer service
Less crime
no fences around peoples gardens so you don't feel all enclosed in your own tiny little space
Sense of community
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really niceJay-Producer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Hours? are you six or something? You could read it all in 10 minutes. Five if you skim-read it.
You been watching too much ET yeah.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Aviator
It's about what you like about living in your part of Canada.
No need to get smart about it!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

If this was a thread I posted i would do a summary for those that don't want to read a ridiculous amount of pages. Its nice to do something nice for others. If you can imagine reading all the relevant threads on here it would take forever to read them all. If there was a summary for those that require info like this one it makes life so much easier for people but some people are just selfish.

The amount of threads ive read that turned out to be disappointing is frustrating. Reading a summary makes a huge difference and doesn't waste peoples time just like the multiple pages on this thread about the hand bag fight over TV and radio.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

macadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond reputemacadian has a reputation beyond repute

I am in a relatively Liberal/NDP free zone.....
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:00 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Read up to page 8 - skimmed through the pages and everyone started having a handbag fight about TV and Radio in the UK compared to Canada. I got bored and didn't feel there would be much more info based on the OP.

Since Steve is selfish and cant do a nice deed. Im doing a nice deed instead of them wasting time reading the bandbag fights.

In summary this is what people seem to be agreeing on:

Knocking down buildings and replace with new.
Supermarkets are huge and less choice, which can be seen as a good thing. Good quality items and not much of that rubbish ready meal stuff.
Less taxes
Lots of green space
Space in general (everyone seems to love it)
Friendly people
Less yobs around
Less stressful - The slower pace of life
Kids can be kids – in pretty much every way possible
Less traffic on the roads
Believe it or not a lot of people like the weather – good sunny days.
Bigger houses
No MOT on your car
Plenty of parking and cheap
Higher standard of customer service
Less crime
no fences around peoples gardens so you don't feel all enclosed in your own tiny little space
Sense of community
But nobody except you wanted a summary, so what's the point of the above?

Wouldn't it have taken you less time to skim read the thread (not exactly a challenging undertaking) than to waste time writing posts to abuse other people?
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lmartin999
But nobody except you wanted a summary, so what's the point of the above?

I would have thought what i said was self explanatory. Re-read it. I know no body expected me to I did it to be nice for those that don't want to read multiple pages of a hand bag fight over TV and radio.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:02 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Iid suspect everyone would agree there's more space for example.
I don't agree. My condo in Toronto is about the same size as my flat was in the UK.
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:03 pm

I would have thought what i said was self explanatory. Re-read it. I know no body expected me to I did it to be nice for those that don't want to read multiple pages of a hand bag fight over TV and radio.
Seems a pretty pointless waste of time given that no-one needed it though. Strange...
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lmartin999
I don't agree. My condo in Toronto is about the same size as my flat was in the UK.
Your the only one I see in the thread that disagrees, the majority agree. I summarised the thread. Everyone will of course have different views/
Old Jul 17th 2010, 8:04 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londonuck
I worked for NME back in the 80's, best job i ever had!
You're not Julie Burchill are you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.