Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What to do before you leave for Canada?

What to do before you leave for Canada?

Old Oct 16th 2010, 11:47 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to do before you leave for Canada?

Originally Posted by Steve_P
Paracetamol is widely available in North America.

It mainly marketed as Tylenol or if you want the cheaper generic look for acetaminophen.
But that acetaminophen crap isn't nothing like proper British paracetamol.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 12:11 am

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Oh of course, my bad.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 1:57 am
Just Joined

worldfairy is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Steve! I've never seen it as cheap as the 20p boxes you get in the UK though..... but I'll definitely have a look!
Old Oct 17th 2010, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

Rockyhill is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tmb
I am about to leave in the next few weeks to start my new life in Canada!!!!

What are the things that need to be done here before we go?

Do we need to inform inland revenue, do a tax return. What about keeping bank accounts here does that have any implications? Im just thinking and the list seems endless, any ideas?
If you were like me and changed car insurance companies each year try and get copies of your old car insurance documents. The no claims bonus letter is useless. You need to prove you have been insured before and between what dates. ie Each document needs a start and finish date.
Good luck.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:24 pm

Miss Clinique is an unknown quantity at this point

Put as much thick bleach in your containner as you can get in. All you get here is the watery stuff.

If you are coming to Ontario I will buy some off you.
Old Oct 17th 2010, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Miss Clinique
Put as much thick bleach in your containner as you can get in. All you get here is the watery stuff.

lol Same here in the US...even the thick stuff is like water.
Old Oct 18th 2010, 1:16 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
lol Same here in the US...even the thick stuff is like water.
Why do you think "thick bleach" is desirable? I'd never heard the term, but a quick google confirms it's just regular bleach (sodium hypochlorite) and some inactivate thickener. It appears to be made in Banbury but I don't suppose that's relevant.

http://citycleaningsupplies.co.uk/pd...h%20-%20f3.pdf
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:00 pm

Why do you think "thick bleach" is desirable? I'd never heard the term, but a quick google confirms it's just regular bleach (sodium hypochlorite) and some inactivate thickener. It appears to be made in Banbury but I don't suppose that's relevant.

http://citycleaningsupplies.co.uk/pd...h%20-%20f3.pdf
You need thick bleach around your bowl. It runs slowly down the bowl, cleans and kills 99% of all know germs.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:04 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you purchase a return flight..you never know.. plus its cheaper
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:05 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

You need thick bleach around your bowl. It runs slowly down the bowl, cleans and kills 99% of all know germs.
Whatever happened to a brush and a bit of elbow grease.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:09 pm
Born again atheist

You need thick bleach around your bowl.
I assure you I don't.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:15 pm

I assure you I don't.
And dont forget under you rim.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 8:30 pm
Born again atheist

And dont forget under you rim.
I am most meticulous in this area.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 10:16 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldn't let me give you karma but made me smile after a cruddy day