What to do???

Old Oct 6th 2014, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What to do???

I had spoken to someone in alberta healthcare and they stated that unless i want to work in the rural areas the chances of getting a twp are very slim with the government changes as she said they are not an occupation in demand. The FSW looks a good route but i think it would of only worked if we had done this in the first place, if its takes 12-18 months and they are capped already then possibly 2 years from when the open again, which would make my children almost 19 and almost 15 which he would be at the start of exams and i think that will be too disruptive for him. Think unfortunately we may have missed our chance?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 3:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ---mlm---
I had spoken to someone in alberta healthcare and they stated that unless i want to work in the rural areas the chances of getting a twp are very slim with the government changes as she said they are not an occupation in demand.
Not sure where you've got the 2 years before it opens again thing with FSW, it's reopening in January, although will be a completely different system then, so you may not qualify.

Re: AB Heathcare, I thought you didn't want to go to Calgary anyway? So I'd have thought a chance at a TWP in another province would be better for you?

But if you don't want to try for FSW or TWP, have you definitely looked at all other options? I assume you don't want to go to NS, SK or MB, where you could have got in on PNP?

Where exactly do you want to go to, if you had the choice?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 3:19 pm
Forum Regular

Im was thinking fromwhen it opens again and then the time to get FSW. Yes we've only ever looked at calgary seriously and ive had my credentials accessed for alberta. I'm confused with how it all works so dont know what other options there are. Sorry to sound quite dumb.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 3:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Im was thinking fromwhen it opens again and then the time to get FSW. Yes we've only ever looked at calgary seriously and ive had my credentials accessed for alberta. I'm confused with how it all works so dont know what other options there are. Sorry to sound quite dumb.
Ah, I see. Yes, it would take 18 months or so, but at least it would have got you out there, as you've been trying for a few years using your hubby's job? Tbh, using his (unskilled in the eyes of CIC) job, is far less likely to result in a visa than yours, which is in demand and 'skilled'.

And you're not dumb, with over 50 routes to PR for Canada there's a lot to look at. But you said in a previous post that you didn't think Calgary was the right place for you, so did you ever look at anywhere else?

It's just that you'd have had other options if you wanted to go to a different province, for example in Nova Scotia LPN's are on the list of eligible occupations for the PNP (no job offer required). The quota for that has unfortunately been met for 2014, but you could keep an eye on it when it reopens if NS would be of interest? Other provinces such as SK and MB also have streams under their PNP where no job offer is required, hence why I asked where you were interested in if Calgary didn't float your boat.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 6th 2014 at 3:42 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

Is there a way to find out if the quota had been filled?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 4:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Is there a way to find out if the quota had been filled?
For which visa?
Old Oct 6th 2014, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

FSW � ����
Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

neilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond reputeneilg14 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get here as Christmasoompa says and OH can get an OWP then he will be able to take a short haul or City driving job straight away which means he'll be home every night and earning hourly wage, which is a lot better than long haul.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

Im still a bit confused? If i did get a job offer than they aren't going to wait for 18 month till i get my visa?
Old Oct 7th 2014, 8:27 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Im still a bit confused? If i did get a job offer than they aren't going to wait for 18 month till i get my visa?
You don't need a job offer for a FSW visa!

And you can check how many applications CIC say they've received on their website, although tbh it's notoriously inaccurate.

If I were you, I'd just start getting an app together asap and hope you get in before the quota is met. You may find that because nurses haven't been on the list of eligible occupations since 2012 many other nurses were taken by surprise and so didn't submit their apps early, so it's worth a shot.

It's really up to you, but if you look at what you've considered so far for the past few years against the FSW route, it's a no brainer imo.

Previously trying to get a job using OH's occupation as a trucker - job offer required, only one of you can work until you get PR, limited access to PR and have to wait before being able to apply (by which point your daughter may have aged out and not be able to get PR), being tied to the one employer on the TWP, no security until you get PR (if the job is lost you'd potentially have to leave Canada), not being able to choose location or move if you're not happy etc.

Or, applying using your occupation - no job offer needed, will result in PR for the whole family, OH can work immediately, you can live anywhere in Canada and do any job, no ties to any employer, etc. Even if you applied via a PNP you'd only be tied to a province for a while, but still be able to have the freedom of working in any job.

Only you can decide what suits you and your family best, but I know which I'd choose! Good luck deciding.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

If only we had looked at this earlier!!!!! Im just thinking of the ages of my children and in another 18 months time where they will be in there education. So frustrating. Thanks for all your help � ����
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

If only we had looked at this earlier!!!!! Im just thinking of the ages of my children and in another 18 months time where they will be in there education. So frustrating. Thanks for all your help ������
You can always apply for PR now via the FSW prog, but keep job hunting and see if you can move over on a TWP sooner.

Or, with a PNP app, you'd get a TWP at first stage approval anyway (both of you), so that would only be about 3 months after applying in most provinces. That way you'd have a route to PR before moving, and be able to go sooner too. But that depends on the province you want to move to and if they have a stream suitable for you under their PNP.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:54 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Christmasoompa you have been so helpful. i will look at all the provinces you have mentioned, ideally would like to stick with Calgary as we have visited and know what its like, however its not set in stone that it has to be there.
So let me double check lol, if i applied for pnp we could get a twp and move to canada sooner than the 12-18 months? but would have a PR application in process?
Old Oct 7th 2014, 9:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

So let me double check lol, if i applied for pnp we could get a twp and move to canada sooner than the 12-18 months? but would have a PR application in process?
Yes, yes and yes. Although for AB you'd need a job offer, it's not one of the provinces with a stream that you'd qualify for without a job offer.

HTH.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

ive just looked at the pnp for NS and SK website are both saying you need a full time permanent job offer to apply? unless im looking in the wrong place???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.