British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   What is a decent salary? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/what-decent-salary-905427/)

Pulaski Nov 14th 2017 9:32 pm

Re: What is a decent salary?

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 12382208)
I should expand on the US case. Southerners are to a large extent racist and Republican voters even in the most extreme circumstances.

Mostly not all

Just as UK southerners are reactionary Tory voters.

Mostly nor all.

Ahem! :frown:

I suspect that you would object if I started making sweeping and derogatory generalizations about Canadians and/or the French, so might I suggest that you refrain from making such generalizations about my friends and neighbours!

BTW I have never thought of Southerners (UK) as being "reactionary", they're more likely to be a wet blanket, I believe, and in any case, notoriously, it was North Easterners who unexpectedly turned out in their droves to push Brexit past the winning post. :lol:

dbd33 Nov 15th 2017 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by Souvy (Post 12382223)
Brighton is full of wankers. Not that I'll ever go there again (no reason).

Half of me is from the north of Scotland, so I probably get bragging rights on southerners.

I was just in Brighton. I detected no wankery.

Souvy Nov 15th 2017 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 12382735)

Maybe you were in the wrong pub?

DandNHill Nov 16th 2017 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Souvy (Post 12382828)
Maybe you were in the wrong pub?

Or wrong Brighton?

Yorkiechef Nov 16th 2017 4:40 am

Originally Posted by dbd33 (Post 12382735)

I was once told "you're either a wanker or a liar, which are you". So I decided I'd tell the truth...what a good boss he was.

BristolUK Nov 16th 2017 10:48 am

...sometimes one person's liberal leaning is another person's right winger...
Well that was timely.

Fox News anchor Shepard Smith on Tuesday evening debunked what his own network has called the Hillary Clinton uranium scandal, sparking fury among some Fox viewers....The story was revived this week because the attorney general, Jeff Sessions, is under pressure from the president to appoint a special prosecutor to look into the old allegations. Sessions hinted in a congressional hearing on Tuesday that there was no basis to do so.
So after Trump's own man suggests nothing to do and Shepard Smith of Trump Supporting Fox News debunks accusations...

“Get Shepard Smith off of Fox. He’s arrogant and doing his own spin. Nobody knows how deep the left’s conspiracy goes and Shepherd Smith has ZERO inside info because nobody trusts him. OUT!” one outraged Fox viewer posted on Twitter after the segment aired.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The idea that Hilary Clinton or someone employed by Fox News is of the left...:rofl::rofl::rofl: