Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What to charge? What is a weekly wage?

What to charge? What is a weekly wage?

Old Jan 18th 2012, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

Neillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant futureNeillybhoy has a brilliant future
Default What to charge? What is a weekly wage?

Hello everyone,

My apologies if this question has been asked before but I couldn't find it!

I am going to be self employed in Canada once we arrive in May. I work as Maternity Nurse (baby nurse) in private postnatal care at present and hope to continue when we are in Canada. However I have the offer of a temp part time nanny job just outside Toronto and it might be good to have a job to go out to for the summer.

I have no idea what to charge the family. I am hoping that someone can come along and advise me as to what I should be charging for a temp position working up to 25 hours a week so that I can have some idea when it comes to negotiating with the family.

Many thanks in advance.
Maria.
Old Jan 18th 2012, 10:17 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to charge? What is a weekly wage?

Originally Posted by Neillybhoy
Hello everyone,

I am going to be self employed in Canada once we arrive in May. I work as Maternity Nurse (baby nurse) in private postnatal care at present and hope to continue when we are in Canada. However I have the offer of a temp part time nanny job just outside Toronto and it might be good to have a job to go out to for the summer.

I have no idea what to charge the family. I am hoping that someone can come along and advise me as to what I should be charging for a temp position working up to 25 hours a week so that I can have some idea when it comes to negotiating with the family.

Many thanks in advance.
Maria.
I've no idea, but as a reference point, minimum wage in Ontario is $10.25 per hour.

That's likely not far from what the family are expecting to pay.
Old Jan 19th 2012, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

This link might assist you
http://www3.hrsdc.gc.ca/search?q=wag...&ie=UTF-8&ud=1
Old Jan 19th 2012, 12:13 pm

dollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond reputedollface has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neillybhoy
Hello everyone,

Many thanks in advance.
Maria.
Possibly around $11/12 per hour, that would be the going rate where I live in the GTA.