Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What car did you all buy

What car did you all buy

Old Sep 7th 2005, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future
Default Re: What car did you all buy

Originally Posted by steals
cant fault you Mike my mate has STINGRAY on Nitrous you should see it go its rapid :scared:

Yea he who dies with the most Toys is the Happiest
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:01 pm
Banned

steals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Yea he who dies with the most Toys is the Happiest
youre not wrong mike lifes tooooooooo short not to have them buy em and enjoy em while you can im going to buy everything with an engine in it i cant wait
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

brit_in_fizroy will become famous soon enough

Have to agree with that last. But my toys float:

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/073070.jpg
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:53 pm
Banned

steals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant futuresteals has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by brit_in_fizroy
Have to agree with that last. But my toys float:

http://www.myfishingpictures.com/img/073070.jpg
Nice boat my mates just sold a Scarab like they used on baywatch with two big V8s in it i think he said it used 100 gallon of fuel an hour flat out thats some going it was fast though we give it some real stick last time out in it :scared:
Old Sep 7th 2005, 5:56 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Tut. Stinkpotters.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dbd33
Tut. Stinkpotters.

????????

So much water, so many fish, so little time.......
Old Sep 7th 2005, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Wow nice boat I also want a boat as soon as I can afford one just brought a house in the Okanagan so a boat is an essential, just out of interest (thinking what sort of vehicle I will need to tow that sort of boat) what’s the combined weight of boat and trailer.
Old Sep 7th 2005, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike Gas
Wow nice boat I also want a boat as soon as I can afford one just brought a house in the Okanagan so a boat is an essential, just out of interest (thinking what sort of vehicle I will need to tow that sort of boat) what’s the combined weight of boat and trailer.
Boat Motor and Trailer is around 2300lb. So a class 2 hitch minimum required. I tow with a 98 Pathfinder, no problem. If you don't plan on trailering much ie, the boat stays in the water most of the time, a minivan is adequate, I used to tow with the van. But if you intend on moving about a bit and keeping the boat at home, then you will need something a bit heavier, truck/SUV etc
Old Sep 7th 2005, 9:04 pm
Cowtown

If you don't plan on trailering much ie, the boat stays in the water most of the time, a minivan is adequate, I used to tow with the van.
We were advised not to attempt to tow anything with our Ford minivan - then again I don't know how much of that was salesguy BS

Old Sep 7th 2005, 9:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Boat Motor and Trailer is around 2300lb. So a class 2 hitch minimum required. I tow with a 98 Pathfinder, no problem. If you don't plan on trailering much ie, the boat stays in the water most of the time, a minivan is adequate, I used to tow with the van. But if you intend on moving about a bit and keeping the boat at home, then you will need something a bit heavier, truck/SUV etc
Thanks only about 300 meters to boat launch
Old Sep 8th 2005, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cowtown
We were advised not to attempt to tow anything with our Ford minivan - then again I don't know how much of that was salesguy BS
That's interesting... The ford was rated as one of the better towers by some magazine I forget the name of.... If you plan to tow with a minivan, or any vehicle for that matter, make sure you have a transmission cooler fitted and check the transmission fluid smell/colour regularly, it is typically red, if it starts to go brown and smell burnt change it asap.
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:08 pm
Cowtown

That's interesting...
I could see the dollar signs spin round behind his eyes at the thought of selling me a pickup at the time ....

Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

TrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond reputeTrishP has a reputation beyond repute

Anybody know if Landrovers are imported into Canada? If so, how much?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:26 pm
GO FLAMES GO!!!!

Steve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to beholdSteve&Tanya is a splendid one to behold

Well I have looked into insurance for two vehicles, I used a friends post code in Burlington and was quoted for a Pontiac Pursuit $3,300 a year :scared: and for a Volvo S40 $3,600!

What I would like to know is how can a car that is built in Sweden be only $300 dearer for insurance than a car that is built in N America?
Old Sep 8th 2005, 2:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

CalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to allCalgaryBlade is a name known to all

Originally Posted by TrishB
Anybody know if Landrovers are imported into Canada? If so, how much?
As a marque LandRover is well estblished here, one of our neighbours bought a new Range Rover this summer - circa $100,000 CAD. I've seen Discoverys too.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.