Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What to buy where ? furniture and Household stuff

What to buy where ? furniture and Household stuff

Old Sep 20th 2015, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What to buy where ? furniture and Household stuff

Having read this thread, I agree IKEA is the obvious choice.

S
Old Sep 24th 2015, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

tee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond reputetee1 has a reputation beyond repute

Not the brick is all I will say, their furniture generally falls apart within months and the customer service is aweful when you need to warranty.
Ikea has 25 year warrenty on their mattresses, I don't think anywhere is better for that.
Lots of furniture's stores in Richmond close to ikea to check out also.
I have alot of nice furniture that came from the fancy hotels when they upgraded which happens every year or so.
You can get some good deals and nice stuff on Craigslist but be careful you dont bring home more than you bargained for. Bedbugs can be a real issue to watch for yuck

Last edited by tee1; Sep 24th 2015 at 6:56 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2015, 9:48 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tee1
Not the brick is all I will say, their furniture generally falls apart within months and the customer service is aweful when you need to warranty.
Ikea has 25 year warrenty on their mattresses, I don't think anywhere is better for that.
Lots of furniture's stores in Richmond close to ikea to check out also.
I have alot of nice furniture that came from the fancy hotels when they upgraded which happens every year or so.
You can get some good deals and nice stuff on Craigslist but be careful you dont bring home more than you bargained for. Bedbugs can be a real issue to watch for yuck
We have a few things from The Brick and it's better quality then the stuff from Ikea which is falling apart and needs to be replaced. Ikea is okay for some things, but I'd be wary of their mattresses, they can be less then comfortable, much better to go with a big name mattress company in my view, have had 2 Ikea mattresses now and while the quality was fine, the comfort sucked, better value with a big name brand.

Ikea stuff just seems to be getting worse quality wise.
Old Nov 10th 2015, 9:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Ikea is okay for some things, but I'd be wary of their mattresses, they can be less then comfortable, much better to go with a big name mattress company in my view...
Be wary of used mattresses

Old Nov 11th 2015, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Tootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond reputeTootlepootle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
Best one so far Bristol!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2015, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

jaysangha is an unknown quantity at this point

Ashley's Homestore worked a treat for us when we moved out there. It sprucely though but from our experience, all solid stuff. Avoid Sears and The Brick, totally useless crap.

Electronics form a bricks and mortar store, Bestbuy or if you're a member, get to a Costco. Can't beat Costco value on a normal day. Otherwise, wait it out until Thanksgiving, Black Friday or Boxing Day sales although the latter didn't impress too mush over the last few years.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Nov 23rd 2015 at 4:04 pm. Reason: No ads on the forum - you can advertise in the Classifieds section, thx.