Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What To Buy On Fathers Day In Canada?

What To Buy On Fathers Day In Canada?

Old Jun 13th 2005, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light
Question What To Buy On Fathers Day In Canada?

ANY GOOD IDEAS TO SHARE ON GIFTS FOR FATHERS DAY?

CANADIAN TIRE IS ALWAYS THE FIRST PLACE WE LOOK BUT WHAT IF WE OPEN OUR EYES A LITTLE MORE?

GUYS> WHAT THINGS WOULD YOU LIKE?

GIRLS> WHAT DO YOU BUY?

Last year i bought CASCAR tickets for the peterborough speedway and did the hotel thing!
I think he has enough tools to open his own store now!

just thought this would be a good thread to help each other along.

Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:02 pm

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What To Buy On Fathers Day In Canada?

Originally Posted by babyblue
Tools are the male version of shoes. You can never have enough.

If my missus has been listening properly, OVER THE LAST SIX MONTHS, I may well end up with a nail gun (compressed air, natch). Or a biscuit joiner. Or a router plane.

Odds are, though, that it'll be similar to what I got for my birthday.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 7:15 pm

hot wasabi peas is an unknown quantity at this point

GIRLS> WHAT DO YOU BUY?
My dad and I share a fondness for so-bad-they're-good B movies and when I was a kid I would take him to the movies, even buying him popcorn and a pop. For many years now though I've given him DVDs of B movie greats so he can watch them anytime. He also collects stamps and now that I'm in Britain, I sometimes buy him British stamps. I also send him flowers.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:12 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Souvenir
<snip> ...Or a biscuit joiner...
Sounds intriguing... My inner, cookie-loving eye sees this as a machine that administers the chocolate filling between two single biscuits, and squeeze them together to make a double filled one. Am I even close?
And in case I'm spot on - where can I get one???
Old Jun 13th 2005, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Location: SHEFFIELD uk can't wait to move in our house in Louisbourg N.S as soon as possible
louisbourg will become famous soon enough

JUST A THOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY IS FATHER'S DAY THE SAME DAY IN ENGLAND AND CANADA
AND MOTHER'S DAY IS MARCH IN ENGLAND AND MAY IN CANADA

HOW COME !!!!
Old Jun 13th 2005, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

CANADIAN TIRE IS ALWAYS THE FIRST PLACE WE LOOK BUT WHAT IF WE OPEN OUR EYES A LITTLE MORE?

GIRLS> WHAT DO YOU BUY?

Last year i bought CASCAR tickets for the peterborough speedway and did the hotel thing!

How about a gift certificate for some silence (an hour or two)?
Or use of the remote control for a day.
Old Jun 13th 2005, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Calgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond reputeCalgal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louisbourg
JUST A THOUGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WHY IS FATHER'S DAY THE SAME DAY IN ENGLAND AND CANADA
AND MOTHER'S DAY IS MARCH IN ENGLAND AND MAY IN CANADA

HOW COME !!!!
It's because it's usually too cold to take yer mum out somewhere nice, so we wait 'til May so it isn't so likely that she'll have to negotiate ice and snow
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Wannabe
Sounds intriguing... My inner, cookie-loving eye sees this as a machine that administers the chocolate filling between two single biscuits, and squeeze them together to make a double filled one. Am I even close?
And in case I'm spot on - where can I get one???
No, dear. You're about as wrong as you could be. It's a power tool used for joining bits of wood end-to-end. It cuts slots into which you insert thin wood "biscuits".
Old Jun 14th 2005, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

DavidL is an unknown quantity at this point

GIRLS> WHAT DO YOU BUY?

from a fathers point of veiw, i like the electronics shop "radioshack"....but have since discovered form my last visits that they have been taken over ........
Old Jun 14th 2005, 12:48 pm
Banned

pollard will become famous soon enoughpollard will become famous soon enough

What happened to the good ol tradition of socks, jumpers, and marks and sparks Y-fronts?
Old Jun 14th 2005, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

flashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond reputeflashman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pollard
What happened to the good ol tradition of socks, jumpers, and marks and sparks Y-fronts?
Booooring stuff!

Get the "Toys for Big Boys"
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:18 pm
I'm a girl, dagnabbit! :)

Wannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud ofWannabe has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Souvenir
No, dear. You're about as wrong as you could be. It's a power tool used for joining bits of wood end-to-end. It cuts slots into which you insert thin wood "biscuits".
Oh.

I still like my idea better than your explanation.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by flashman
Booooring stuff!

Get the "Toys for Big Boys"
I had jeans and socks for me birthday. I want power tools!!!!!!! Just get me power tools. I'll figure out why I need them later.
Old Jun 14th 2005, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

babyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of lightbabyblue is a glorious beacon of light

It is funny to read all the replies as i have been wondering if i should buy this saw or not!
He has a circular saw(xmas pressie) jigsaw(last birthday) And now we have the trailer and we are atempting many projects i was wondering about a B & D navigator hand/jig power saw? Doesn't need the jig bit but the other would come in handy for chopping logs for fire. I think?
$79.99 at candian tire and if you order online you can use the promo to get free goodies. either... pit stop air compressor or tool kit. Not bad eh?

CHECK IT OUT AND GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK BEFORE I ORDER.

I don't know if any you have used this site but it is great. I am always checking out the deals. that is where i found this one!

www.redflagdeals.com

ok i will wait for the responses!
Old Jun 14th 2005, 6:15 pm

It is funny to read all the replies as i have been wondering if i should buy this saw or not!
He has a circular saw(xmas pressie) jigsaw(last birthday) And now we have the trailer and we are atempting many projects i was wondering about a B & D navigator hand/jig power saw? Doesn't need the jig bit but the other would come in handy for chopping logs for fire. I think?
$79.99 at candian tire and if you order online you can use the promo to get free goodies. either... pit stop air compressor or tool kit. Not bad eh?

CHECK IT OUT AND GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK BEFORE I ORDER.

I don't know if any you have used this site but it is great. I am always checking out the deals. that is where i found this one!

www.redflagdeals.com

ok i will wait for the responses!
Using a Navigator to cut logs? That's an excellent way to bugger up the blade in no time! If it's logs you want, get him a chain saw (even a little electric one will do fine). Or an axe. Or a bow-saw.

I see no mention of a mitre saw in his tool kit. Wonderful things, especially if you're doing baseboards, crown mouldings etc. Most come with ten-inch blades. Twelve inches is better (although more expensive), especially if you're working with 5.5 inch baseboards (trust me on this). Things to look for are loads of built-in clamps, side extensions and both mitre and bevel. Ignore the laser-guided hype. All that does is allow you to cut a nice straight line in the wrong place.

If you buy him a router, he'll fall in love with you all over again. Not initially, I have to admit - they take a bit of practice and much swearing - but you should be good for unlimited shoe-buying for at least six months.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.