Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

What About Nova Scotia?

What About Nova Scotia?

Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ontheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud ofOntheboatout has much to be proud of
Default Re: What About Nova Scotia?

I agree. As ever, visit if you can, what suits one doesn't suit another.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

and maybe buy a house while there?

Originally Posted by Ontheboatout
I agree. As ever, visit if you can, what suits one doesn't suit another.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 3:48 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
Sure there are positives, I like NS as well as NB. But it is somewhat blinkered to ignore any negatives, I mean really. You have to take a balanced view, not just of your small bit, but I mean of anywhere.

To ignore any view is foolish, take everything on board and make your own decisions.

Nowhere is perfect, but it can be 'perfect' enough.
OH has been working in NB a few times and says it's a nice province. I haven't been yet but am heading to MA in July and will be driving through NB so will be taking in all the scenery

People from New Glasgow often head to Moncton for shopping as a lovely alternative to Halifax.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 4:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

SAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond reputeSAW 04 has a reputation beyond repute

If your looking for scenery you will sadly disappointed. The journey from Moncton to the border consists of tree's, tree's and more tree's. The St John river valley is stunning. Fredericton at this stime of year is beautiful.

Originally Posted by Yes-can-do
OH has been working in NB a few times and says it's a nice province. I haven't been yet but am heading to MA in July and will be driving through NB so will be taking in all the scenery

People from New Glasgow often head to Moncton for shopping as a lovely alternative to Halifax.
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

tbontb is on a distinguished road

Although once you get past Sackville NB and into NS, driving up the Cobequids is a nice drive... in the summer, in the winter it can be hellish
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by tbontb

Only problem with NB: it is well away from the beaten path, i.e. away from international flights
There is a direct flight from London - Fredericton (think it stops in Halifax but still) and there are signs that the airport here might be expanding!!

To the OP though don't rule out NB, I am a software developer here and I got my job while still in the UK (also applied to jobs in NS with no luck). We love it here, there is quite a large IT sector (for such a small city) and it is a great place to live.

Oh yes and the scenery on the highways is trees, followed by more trees - it makes playing eye spy very hard (or easy!!)

Sinead
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Corky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to beholdCorky is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SAW 04
If your looking for scenery you will sadly disappointed. The journey from Moncton to the border consists of tree's, tree's and more tree's. The St John river valley is stunning. Fredericton at this stime of year is beautiful.
Definetly the most boring drive in the maritimes. Not even a gas station to break up the landscape!
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 5:54 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sinurt
There is a direct flight from London - Fredericton (think it stops in Halifax but still) and there are signs that the airport here might be expanding!!Sinead
Which airline is that ?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

sinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of lightsinurt is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
Which airline is that ?
It's Canadian Affair/ Air Transat - think it's the same company they just have different names!! They started the service last year and its going again this year - just summer months though (May - Oct)

Sinead