Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

WestJet flights to London Gatwick

WestJet flights to London Gatwick

Old Oct 31st 2015, 9:01 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WestJet flights to London Gatwick

Originally Posted by BristolUK
No...no...I meant "23 November - 1 December" 8 days was a long flight.
I love the way you had to explain it... Clearly not2old is a misnomer
I thought it was funny btw
Old Mar 30th 2016, 10:02 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hamilton Airport

What's happened with Hamilton airport? It's where I've flown from when visiting Niagara Falls.

I was just looking at the flights between Moncton and Hamilton and there aren't any. The website suggests they exist but when you try to 'book' them they don't.
Old Mar 31st 2016, 5:42 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hamilton Airport

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What's happened with Hamilton airport? It's where I've flown from when visiting Niagara Falls.

I was just looking at the flights between Moncton and Hamilton and there aren't any. The website suggests they exist but when you try to 'book' them they don't.
It appears there's no flights from Hamilton to Moncton anymore either.

Destinations & Route Map | Hamilton International Airport

Strange.

Old Mar 31st 2016, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Hurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond reputeHurlabrick has a reputation beyond repute

Look forward to flying with WestJet - I am hoping they really are at least part of what they claim as regards customer service (BA are on my no-fly list - service with a sneer, and Air Canada and trying hard to get on that list).

Booked to fly with them from LGW to Toronto for our recce trip on Friday 13th May (yes, Friday the 13th!!).
Old Mar 31st 2016, 1:52 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hamilton Airport

Originally Posted by Siouxie
It appears there's no flights from Hamilton to Moncton anymore either.
The map suggests Montreal would work but it doesn't.

Both times for Hamilton to Moncton we got good deals and it made me think it was because of the special offer I used WestJet. But I remember a few months ago I was looking at it and I started with AC but they didn't do Hamilton and that made me think that was the reason I did WJ and not because of the deal offered. So I looked at WJ and it was still on.

Now it's not. But I see AC are shortly to include Hamilton for some flights. So maybe that's why Montreal is there now.
Old Apr 2nd 2016, 2:16 am
Forum Regular

ging will become famous soon enoughging will become famous soon enough

I used to fly WJ from Edmonton to Moncton - with a half hour touchdown in Hamilton. In fact, an upcoming trip that I'd booked some months ago on that route was recently changed so that I now have to change planes in Toronto. The convenient timing has gone up the swannee as well, arriving in Moncton at 12:30 A friggin' M.

I guess with the downturn in business from YEG to YQM due to all the layoffs in the oilpatch, many customers, who were Maritimers working in Alberta, are no longer using the service.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 4:40 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Flight Review - WestJet London to Gatwick return July/August 2016

I must admit I was getting a little worried about stories in the press about dismal delays and cancellations on the new WestJet services to London but things seem to be improving lately as WestJet gets its maintenance and operations bits and bobs fine tuned and sorted.

Total cost was $724 each return which for this time of year is a steal but we booked almost 10/11 months out.

Usually have to pay extra for bags but got a free bag each as we have the WestJet credit card.

Refurbished Boeing 767 (ex Qantas I believe). Interior looks and feels quite new, leather look seats, a bit of soft lighting.

Sat in row 5 - the first row of economy behind the Plus (aka premium economy) seats - has more legroom (the 3 middle seats have more than the two seats either side) but is considered a 'regular' seat so no exit row premium. Average economy legroom was perfectly adequate for me at 5ft 6".

At check in they were offering upgrades to Plus for $200 YYC-LGW and 188 pounds LGW-YYC.

Food is all buy on board which I am fine with as airplane "food" is overrated. Some punters were extremely shocked that food was not free. You do get free soft drinks and a tiny bag of pretzels or a biscuit. Water was provided at regular intervals.

No seat back tellies but they have the WestJet Connect entertainment system which you access on your own device - phone/tablet/laptop through the WestJet app. Loads of movies and TV shows to choose from. Tablets also available to rent for about $7. Internet is available to purchase for 1/2 hr, 3 hrs or duration of flight ($13.99 for the latter, but not fast enough for streaming e.g. Netflix).

Outbound flight was six minutes early and this must have been a rare occurrence because the crew announced it to the whole plane and were clearly celebrating the fact!

Return flight had a 1 hr delay after we left gate early then got held on the tarmac at Gatwick for 45 mins waiting for permission from Scottish ATC to fly over them. Crew leaped into action and rolled out the free drinks trolley, let us wander about the plane, until we could get on our way. Made up some time and arrived only half hour late.

Overall very pleased with what we got for our money. Perfectly fine. No better or worse than other airlines I've flown with. Loved the WestJet Connect and internet. Didn't care a hoot that there was no free plastic tray dinner and that food was buy on board (had an M&S picnic from the store at Gatwick instead!), legroom was fine, and both flights were very smooth. A good option if you are looking for a cheaper flight option.
Old Aug 17th 2016, 12:20 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
Flight Review - WestJet London to Gatwick return July/August 2016
I'll see if I can link to this on the thread where someone would like to save $1000 but might be worried at the scare stories.