Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

WestJet flights to London Gatwick

WestJet flights to London Gatwick

Old Sep 15th 2015, 9:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WestJet flights to London Gatwick

30" seat pitch, and 17.5" seat width?

Travelling from Vancouver with that? F*^k you WestJet
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:24 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
The prices are ridiculous. If you're debating a trip, now is a good time to buy! Just looked up fights for my in-laws for June next year, 7-22 June for £330ea from Gatwick to Pearson.
I pay extra to fly Air Canada.

I can't stand terminal 3 at Pearson and I can't stand Gatwick.

I know it makes me a snob but airports are stressful enough.

Get in and out the quickest way possible is my goal.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:38 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
That's a good idea. I really want my friend to come out to visit and have been debating this, checking out Air Transat prices etc.
If you want a sure fire way to stop people visiting again...have them fly Air Transat.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand Gatwick but sometimes find Transat actually better than AC. Am I the only one?!

S
Old Sep 15th 2015, 10:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
...I can't stand Gatwick...
My only dislike of Gatwick was from travelling to and from Bristol by National Express and having to call at Heathrow in each direction.

But for my trips to Greece, Gatwick was often much cheaper than from Bristol (with one memorable exception) and ditto for Gatwick to Montreal rather than Heathrow.

Although for my first three times to Montreal, Bristol via Paris, Bristol via Amsterdam and from Heathrow, there was little difference.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:01 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand Gatwick but sometimes find Transat actually better than AC. Am I the only one?!

S
I once on a flight to Vancouver had a brand new plane on Transat that was fantastic.

The times since I haven't had my own screen to watch movies on. This is a feature I like.

The last 3 trips have been AC for me.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't they finished re-kitting out the planes yet? We've flown with them many times and I think only twice ended up on the planes with the central screens. I must admit, the girls were horrified when they got on! I had to smile: remember those big screens they used roll down in the cabins on planes as long ago as the early 1990s? (or are you all too young?!).

It's the weird fake lighting on the newly remodelled Transat planes that makes me feel strange.

S
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
If you want a sure fire way to stop people visiting again...have them fly Air Transat.
That's a bit unfair, I've flown with the available number of times since 2010 (most recently in June) and their service has steadily gotten better over those years.

Hopefully the extra competition from WJ will bring their fares down a bit though, that last flight was $1100 for a return.
Old Sep 15th 2015, 11:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

I agree: I think AT are generally better than AC (except for going into LGW).

S
Old Sep 16th 2015, 1:04 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Dates for return are only loaded up to around 10 August at the moment because they only load something like 330 days in advance, but flights until end of October will be available in the coming weeks I'm told. So, we went out on a limb and booked one way Calgary to Gatwick for the end of July for $348 each all in - that's what the agent suggested as there's no payment penalty on a one way booking.

So, just need to check every now and again for the return flights to appear (and I guess if not there's always Air Transat !)

Last year we scored fares like these for Glasgow and the cheapest went pretty quick, and I see the offer is for bookings made by the end of tomorrow so don't delay if you're thinking about it!
Old Sep 16th 2015, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

30" seat pitch, and 17.5" seat width?

Travelling from Vancouver with that? F*^k you WestJet
They said on Twitter that the pitch is 31".
Old Sep 16th 2015, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute

AC are going to take on Transat and WestJet in to LGW.. but with their Rouge product - which, if you're not aware, has narrower seats and shorter seat pitch, and overall a very much inferior service to mainline AC.

What's more, AC 777s are being refurbished with an extra seat in each row in economy - so narrower seats *and* aisle space.

I also understand that 787s (both BA and AC) are similarly "enhanced" in terms of more cramped seats - we're using miles for YYZ-LHR next summer on BA, not flown them long-haul in years and will reserve judgement until we've flown... but hearing that the 787 is being introduced on this route, so we'll see.

We'll be flying back on that trip with WestJet; jumped on those lead-in LGW-YYZ fares yesterday and looking forward to seeing what their "new" ex-Qantas 767s are like.

As for miles earning (for those of you that care about such things) - I'm liking that I can credit the miles flown to American at 100% (unlike most AC discount fares that are now 25-50% earning to AP). As I recall, this should be miles-earning in Delta - not 100% from memory, but should be enough for my wife to top up her DL account so we have enough to do a flight redemption and clear that account out.

(I still wish they'd had some kind of service to YHM... not surprised they didn't, but maybe one day..!)
Old Sep 16th 2015, 4:21 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt
That's a bit unfair, I've flown with the available number of times since 2010 (most recently in June) and their service has steadily gotten better over those years.

Hopefully the extra competition from WJ will bring their fares down a bit though, that last flight was $1100 for a return.
I agree: I think AT are generally better than AC (except for going into LGW).

S
I imagine you're not very tall people?
Old Sep 16th 2015, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond reputeTheAwesomeMatt has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine you're not very tall people?
I'm 6'2, the only issue with space I've had is when the person in front reclines their seat, but that's common with all flights.
Old Sep 16th 2015, 4:49 pm
Beep

Originally Posted by bc2015
They said on Twitter that the pitch is 31".
Maybe they've updated them? As far as i'm aware they're 30.

Either way, anything less than 34 is ridiculous on long haul. Anything that doesn't turn into a bed is just annoying!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.