Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

WestJet flights to London Gatwick

WestJet flights to London Gatwick

Old Jun 16th 2015, 4:34 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute
Default WestJet flights to London Gatwick

Just announced from Spring 2016! WestJet's first wide body service will be to Gatwick. Looking forward to hearing which Canadian cities they will fly direct to and how much they will undercut the competition by!
WestJet flights to London - WestJet Blog

Old Jun 16th 2015, 5:30 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: WestJet flights to London Gatwick

This will give Air Transat some competition. Maybe their service will improve.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 7:44 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Westjet under cuts the competition?

Every time I need to fly the are the same price or more then the competition, have yet to find a fare that is the same or lower which sucks as I like them, but their prices are always high, the US airlines almost always undercut them by a good amount.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 1:59 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

Every time I need to fly the are the same price or more then the competition
I really can't remember who we flew with from Montreal to Moncton for the house hunt visit and later for the actual move, but returning to Montreal from Hamilton after the Toronto/Niagara honeymoon in 2004 and then from Hamilton (family trip Toronto/Niagara trip 2007) we used WestJet both times as they were cheaper than AC.
Old Jun 16th 2015, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
I really can't remember who we flew with from Montreal to Moncton for the house hunt visit and later for the actual move, but returning to Montreal from Hamilton after the Toronto/Niagara honeymoon in 2004 and then from Hamilton (family trip Toronto/Niagara trip 2007) we used WestJet both times as they were cheaper than AC.
Out of Vancouver I have found both more or less match one another, but too many variables and route options to figure it all out across their network...well for me anyhow...lol

Just looking at some random dates to Toronto in November and both are priced identically at 357.13 one way.....

To LA from YVR Westjet and AC have matched one another at 203 one way, where the US airlines have undercut both with 180 and 182 one way.

(I actually can't believe how cheap the fares to California from YVR have been, I think the US carriers are using the weaker CAD to their advantage)

Base fare on the 180 ticket is 98 dollars, the rest is taxes and misc fees.
Old Jun 17th 2015, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond reputehaggis88 has a reputation beyond repute

Will stick with AC since their rewards program is better
Old Jun 17th 2015, 9:52 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

They will simply make their price about 20 bucks cheaper than Transat or AC
Old Jun 17th 2015, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

bgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond reputebgpz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haggis88
Will stick with AC since their rewards program is better
Westjet currently credits at 100% redeemable miles to American... most AC fares earn 25-50% of miles flows on Aeroplan these days (and, IIRC, it's similar when crediting to United)

Still, nothing to stop you from racking up miles on multiple programs :-)
Old Jun 18th 2015, 6:00 am
Best Place on Earth- LMAO

jandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of lightjandro is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jsmth321

Every time I need to fly the are the same price or more then the competition, have yet to find a fare that is the same or lower which sucks as I like them, but their prices are always high, the US airlines almost always undercut them by a good amount.
They're flying the same routes as Air Transat so we'll see. I doubt prices will go down much if any. I think it would require a lot of competing airlines to bring prices down.
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
interesting but from vancouver do you have to fly to toronto and change flights or is it direct ?
for me it is always a balance between cost and who does a direct flight
cheers
jerry
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 11:18 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know for sure but I don't think westjet has any plans big enough to get from Vancouver to London, so I'd venture a guess it means a stopover, but I'm not certain.
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 11:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

If its the same one as what AC uses then the range is 10,549 km (6,555 miles).
The flight distance from Vancouver International Airport (YVR) to London Gatwick Airport (LGW) is 4739 miles (7627 kilometers, 4118 nautical miles).
Flight Duration
Estimated flight time is 9 h 28 min.

Boeing 767-300ER
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 11:32 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

West jet doesn't have any 767s.

WestJet's fleet of Boeing 737-600, 700, 800 and Bombardier Q400 NextGen turboprop aircraft
Old Jul 2nd 2015, 11:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
From the Westjet blog in post #1

Today we announced we have selected London, England as the first transatlantic destination from Canada for our wide-body Boeing 767-300 aircraft. Flights from Canada to London will be through London Gatwick.
Old Jul 3rd 2015, 12:43 am
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting indeed. As I fly into Gatwick if going to the UK, more options from different carriers is always welcome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.