Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

West Edmonton mall places to stay

West Edmonton mall places to stay

Old Jan 29th 2009, 12:36 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: West Edmonton mall places to stay

Originally Posted by Stophie
You're braver than me - I was going to say the same but didn't have the nerve
i am generally gobby and obnoxious, hence the victor avatar. that said i do fancy a bit of tat every now and again, normally at 2.30 am after 15 stellars
Old Jan 29th 2009, 3:19 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rae
i am generally gobby and obnoxious, hence the victor avatar. that said i do fancy a bit of tat every now and again, normally at 2.30 am after 15 stellars
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:30 am
Just Joined

onside is an unknown quantity at this point

If you don't mind a 3-5 minute drive, I suggest staying at the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotels are clean with spacious rooms and good value. The Executive Royal Inn is starting to age a bit but is still a decent 2 to 2.5 star hotel.

The Fantasyland hotel rooms are central but I find them overpriced. Still... if your mother-in-law wants convenience and accessibility, it doesn't get any better than that. Just shop around a bit or do a search on a website like www.kayak.com.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 5:37 am

Cassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond reputeCassie 10000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onside
If you don't mind a 3-5 minute drive, I suggest staying at the Hampton Inn or the Hilton Garden Inn. The hotels are clean with spacious rooms and good value. The Executive Royal Inn is starting to age a bit but is still a decent 2 to 2.5 star hotel.

The Fantasyland hotel rooms are central but I find them overpriced. Still... if your mother-in-law wants convenience and accessibility, it doesn't get any better than that. Just shop around a bit or do a search on a website like www.kayak.com.
I said the Hilton Garden Inn as well

Whatever you do don't stay at the Executive Royal Inn. We stayed in the best rooms in that hotel, paid for by Neils company and it was horrible. It reminded me of a prison with its concrete walls, very odd.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

debbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of lightdebbiem is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rae
the traffic lights would make you sick at that point, i fear... and i'm unclear what the reaction of the fibre-glass policeman would be lol...

although i do vaguely remember the 'western room' may incorporate a jail with bunk beds, so mrs rae may appreciate the thought?
Old Jan 30th 2009, 1:31 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiem
the traffic lights would make you sick at that point, i fear... and i'm unclear what the reaction of the fibre-glass policeman would be lol...

although i do vaguely remember the 'western room' may incorporate a jail with bunk beds, so mrs rae may appreciate the thought?
unfortunately despite bringing real handcuffs home on several occasions it has never done me any good, so this would be a non starter to i'm afraid. i do however like the idea of dressing up like a cowboy, but i think we may be about to thread hijack.
Old Jan 30th 2009, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by rae
unfortunately despite bringing real handcuffs home on several occasions it has never done me any good, so this would be a non starter to i'm afraid. i do however like the idea of dressing up like a cowboy, but i think we may be about to thread hijack.
You should know by now that after page 2 things generally do go off topic