Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Welland............Whats it like...??

Welland............Whats it like...??

Old May 2nd 2005, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

DavidL is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Welland............Whats it like...??

We were looking at some housing in this area and whilst i know of some places this isn't one of them, Does anyone know anything either good or bad......thanks in anticipation..............
Old May 2nd 2005, 7:49 pm
Gone Walkabout

Scouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really niceScouse is just really nice
Default Re: Welland............Whats it like...??

Originally Posted by DavidL
We were looking at some housing in this area and whilst i know of some places this isn't one of them, Does anyone know anything either good or bad......thanks in anticipation..............
You could start with this.

http://www.city.welland.on.ca/

I have no idea what the place is like, but 'Googling' will bring in a lot of info.

Good luck
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

karenr is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Welland............Whats it like...??

Originally Posted by DavidL
hi david
my sister lives in welland and I have been out there quite a few times and itwas one of the places we looked into . it is a nice enough area has some good areas like anywhere ,it has the canal , near to the beach at Port colbourne on lake erie . It is quite a quiet area 2 shopping malls a cinema , etc . Very close to niagara falls , near to buffalo st catherines and hamilton .
I am not sure what kind of info you want . We liked the look of the area but after a research trip and talking to family members we decided London ontario was more for us . It ticked more of our boxes so its difficult to answer without knowing more specifics . please feel free to pm me I will try and be of more help .
Regards
karen
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Scouse
You could start with this.

http://www.city.welland.on.ca/

I have no idea what the place is like, but 'Googling' will bring in a lot of info.

Good luck
thanks for the link..........
Old May 2nd 2005, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karenr
hi david
my sister lives in welland and I have been out there quite a few times and itwas one of the places we looked into . it is a nice enough area has some good areas like anywhere ,it has the canal , near to the beach at Port colbourne on lake erie . It is quite a quiet area 2 shopping malls a cinema , etc . Very close to niagara falls , near to buffalo st catherines and hamilton .
I am not sure what kind of info you want . We liked the look of the area but after a research trip and talking to family members we decided London ontario was more for us . It ticked more of our boxes so its difficult to answer without knowing more specifics . please feel free to pm me I will try and be of more help .
Regards
karen
thanks for the help, i will pm you , when i have some specific questions, but London looks a god bet also, with maybe more jobs available for us both,buts it like anywhere the further from the city you are, the dollar goes further when buying a home...............
ps, only found this site recently, and its a wealth of knowledge....