Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Well we've accepted an offer!

Well we've accepted an offer!

Old Sep 28th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

MrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really nice
Talking Well we've accepted an offer!

Well that went quickly. Didn't plan on selling so soon. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly from here. Our buyers are in rented so not in a chain. Bloody fantastic!

I see others posting their "Yippee we have sold" posts and can not believe it is now my turn.

Now while we are waiting on solicitors to exchange we should have a good few weeks to get organised.

Are there any threads you can point me to that list off the last minute things that you should be thinking of doing before you leave the country. I just keep thinking that there is so much we need to be doing but for the life of me don't know what?

Once we exchange and set a date we will be able to get movers in and cancel utilities etc. I know you have to do that.

DH thinks we then just get movers to pack up container and then we just jump on an air plane!! Typically for me, I am sure there must be loads of boring, stressful things to be done, forms to fill in or calls to be made or something.

I am sat at home all day today with nothing to do but stressed because there is so much to do! Crazy.

MrsWillow
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:47 am
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Well we've accepted an offer!

Originally Posted by MrsWillow
Well that went quickly. Didn't plan on selling so soon. Fingers crossed that it all goes smoothly from here. Our buyers are in rented so not in a chain. Bloody fantastic!

I see others posting their "Yippee we have sold" posts and can not believe it is now my turn.

Now while we are waiting on solicitors to exchange we should have a good few weeks to get organised.

Are there any threads you can point me to that list off the last minute things that you should be thinking of doing before you leave the country. I just keep thinking that there is so much we need to be doing but for the life of me don't know what?

Once we exchange and set a date we will be able to get movers in and cancel utilities etc. I know you have to do that.

DH thinks we then just get movers to pack up container and then we just jump on an air plane!! Typically for me, I am sure there must be loads of boring, stressful things to be done, forms to fill in or calls to be made or something.

I am sat at home all day today with nothing to do but stressed because there is so much to do! Crazy.

MrsWillow
Gobsmackingly detailed list here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ight=checklist
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

MrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really niceMrsWillow is just really nice

Originally Posted by dbd33
Hrmm are you tricking me or is it meant to be blank??
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Hi

I've checked this out and found a checklist :-)

Also well done on the sale of the house, we too have just sold and have popped into rented until our visas arrive.

Elli
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:09 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

MrsWillow
That's great news - well done Mrs W and family!! As well as that most excellent list there that db has pointed you to I have a great website that I will PM to you when I get home tonight (I don't have the address at work) and it has a few extras on there that you might find helpful.

Ki
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Elli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura aboutElli and Paul has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Ki76
That's great news - well done Mrs W and family!! As well as that most excellent list there that db has pointed you to I have a great website that I will PM to you when I get home tonight (I don't have the address at work) and it has a few extras on there that you might find helpful.

Ki
Hi Ki

Could you also pm the details?

Elli
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:13 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Click on the link, that takes you to another thread, post 2 of that thread has the list attached.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 12:24 pm
Bright light!!

Tiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond reputeTiffin Tease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elli and Paul
Hi Ki

Could you also pm the details?

Elli

No probs - if I haven't done it by late tonight just send me a rude message reminding me