Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Are we living in cloud cuckoo land

Are we living in cloud cuckoo land

Old Jul 17th 2004, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Gray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to beholdGray C is a splendid one to behold

I was considering several options.

1. Local rental as you have commented upon
2 Gearing up a service specifically for newly landed immigrants. I realise that this will only be short term rental though
3 Holiday lets, advertised in both Canada and the UK. A bit like people do with villas in Spain, but a bit further afield.

The key thing is that we would not be totally reliant upon this income to manage our day to day affairs, especially if we can both find part time work.

Still working the options through in my mind at the moment.

Graham

Originally posted by iaink
Not sure what occupancy reates are like for rental accomadation. From personal experience the complex I lived in was never too full, maybe 75%? From the comments of others Calgary has a lot of empty places now. Could be that rental market is weak because property costs are still attainable for "ordinary canadians" so people rent for a while but then buy, rather than the UK market where many people have no choice but to rent.

Just a thought if you are planning on living on rental income.