Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

we have snow on vancouver island!

we have snow on vancouver island!

Old Nov 26th 2006, 6:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light
Default we have snow on vancouver island!

Went to Victoria yesterday and just before we left to go back to Cobble HIll via the Malahat mountain another member of the forum that is visting us called to ask if we were still meeting up for dinner due to the weather. No snow in victoria at this point but apparantly it had been snowing up there for 3 hours!!! PANIC set in and it took us 2hours 20mins to get over the mountain instead of 20mins! it was like an extreme sport!

OUr first taste of snow!! and there is a hell of a lot of it.............

emmm dont know how to insert pictue otherwise i would show you the view from our door!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:08 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: we have snow on vancouver island!

Originally Posted by jempee
Went to Victoria yesterday and just before we left to go back to Cobble HIll via the Malahat mountain another member of the forum that is visting us called to ask if we were still meeting up for dinner due to the weather. No snow in victoria at this point but apparantly it had been snowing up there for 3 hours!!! PANIC set in and it took us 2hours 20mins to get over the mountain instead of 20mins! it was like an extreme sport!

OUr first taste of snow!! and there is a hell of a lot of it.............

emmm dont know how to insert pictue otherwise i would show you the view from our door!
Blizzard conditions up here in the Fraser Valley!
Old Nov 26th 2006, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
The snow is awesome.... started here in north van about 11am yesterday and hasn't stopped so far, the kids love it they are out snowballing, The snow is so clean and clear unlike the UK stuff.
We are just waiting for it to settle,then it's find some maple syrup, to try these famous sticks
It's starting to feel real christmaszzy.
cheers
Jerry
Old Nov 27th 2006, 1:59 pm
Cynically amused.

dingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond reputedingbat has a reputation beyond repute

We lost power for six hours last evening coldest night of the year, sick baby.... We have a wind-chill of -25 degrees here in the upper Fraser Valley, a small wall of snow oustide my front door and I cannot get to work. The snow ploughs have yet to get up my steep hill/mountain. Kids are excited as its an official SNOW DAY!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

Woke up this morning to hear that all the schools are closed, all the buses have stopped running, power lines and trees are down all over the place.

What kind of disaster could have hit Victoria overnight???

Snow! A few inches of the white stuff, and Victoria has ground to a halt! How does the rest of Canada cope!

Looks pretty though - we're even going to have to go and buy a snow shovel today, which must surely be some Canadian rite of passage!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:36 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

I think one school is closed in Calgary ....
Old Nov 27th 2006, 2:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

printer has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond reputeprinter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Morwenna
I think one school is closed in Calgary ....
Every winter in the south of England the schools tell us to listen to the local radio if the weather is bad in case the school is closed. My kids always listen in the faint hope that they will get the day off, but it's never happened yet.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:02 pm
Pinko lentil-hugger

Hipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to allHipster Contrarian is a name known to all

We need pictures please!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Hipster Contrarian
We need pictures please!
Here's a couple I've taken - it's the first time our dog has seen snow!
Attached Thumbnails we have snow on vancouver island!-must-here-somewhere.jpg   we have snow on vancouver island!-snowy-yard.jpg  

Last edited by The Escapea; Nov 27th 2006 at 3:38 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

jempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of lightjempee is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Escapea
Here's a couple I've taken - it's the first time our dog has seen snow!

How do i put pictures in?????????????? i have no idea how!!!!!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:10 pm
Oakville, Ontario

dancath will become famous soon enough

Just hit the manage attachments tab under your post main body and look for the files you want...

Im really looking forward to some snow in ONtario this year...I really miss it from being young.....I realise its a lot of hassle when its around for a long time, and you are clearing your drive for the 50th time this winter.....but it sure beats looking at grey cloudy skies everyday for 9 months lol.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

How do i put pictures in?????????????? i have no idea how!!!!!
Click on 'reply', and then below where you type a response, select 'manage attachments', and then in the pop-up 'browse' to navigate to your picture, and select to attach it, then 'upload' - the picture has to be below 1mb though!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:13 pm
...in these shoes?

ellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to beholdellsie is a splendid one to behold

Snow started in Campbell River on Sat and continued overnight. By Sun it was a foot deep! Kids all wanted a 'snow day' but schools are open here! We live beside a park with a slope so all the locals were out sledging and snowboarding like crazy! Still on laptop and no leads so no pics yet. Trees look like a christmas card.
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by The Escapea
Click on 'reply', and then below where you type a response, select 'manage attachments', and then in the pop-up 'browse' to navigate to your picture, and select to attach it, then 'upload' - the picture has to be below 1mb though!

thanks dancath and escapea now i see how to do it but it said my files were to big! now how do you solve that!
Old Nov 27th 2006, 4:27 pm
Oakville, Ontario

dancath will become famous soon enough

thanks dancath and escapea now i see how to do it but it said my files were to big! now how do you solve that!
Youll have to open them in some kind of photo or image management software, like photoshop or similar and then resave them as a smaller jpg image. Be careful not to overwrite your original file...

Software like Google picassa will do it....search for it at Google then download.. hope that helps.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.