Reload this Page >

Which way would be best????

Which way would be best????

Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

---mlm--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Which way would be best????

Hi all
I'm sure this has already been asked but here goes???
I am at the minute a trainee nurse and obviously intend to relocate when i qualify, my OH is a hgv class 1 driver. The question is would it be best to go with my qualification or my OH's? I don't really fancy the thought of my OH being away for weeks on end if we went on a twp with his job but would put up with it if i had to.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Michelle
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all
Default Re: Which way would be best????

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- View Post
Hi all
I'm sure this has already been asked but here goes???
I am at the minute a trainee nurse and obviously intend to relocate when i qualify, my OH is a hgv class 1 driver. The question is would it be best to go with my qualification or my OH's? I don't really fancy the thought of my OH being away for weeks on end if we went on a twp with his job but would put up with it if i had to.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Michelle

Have you considered continuing studying in Canada in nursing, (on a study visa initially) there are plenty of programmes. That way, you would have Canadian recognised qualifications and your other half could work on a spouse work permit ?

Regards
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi
thanks for your reply,
Would like to but while i study here, i get a bursary and don't have to pay for my course, I know that sounds cheeky. At the moment not in the position to be able to pay for course fees. Was wondering if i got offered a job when i've qualified if my OH would be able to go over on a spousal open work permit??
Michelle.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by ---mlm--- View Post
Hi
thanks for your reply,
Would like to but while i study here, i get a bursary and don't have to pay for my course, I know that sounds cheeky. At the moment not in the position to be able to pay for course fees. Was wondering if i got offered a job when i've qualified if my OH would be able to go over on a spousal open work permit??
Michelle.
Ha, fair enough. Yes, if you go over on a nominee programme you will get PR status, then your other half can work. Thats my understnding anyway !
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Diggler
Would a nominee programme be skilled worker route??? i get confused which is which lol
Cheers
Michelle
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:54 pm

terese677 is an unknown quantity at this point

As a nurse you will easily get a position (they are desperate for nurses and they push these through quickly), although I think the employer may ask for some experience post qualification ( although you can ring them directly and ask generally if they want this). Then once you get your job you apply for the TWP and your OH will come over on the SOWP.
Once you are here you apply for PR through the Provincial Nominee Programme.
( once you've sat and passed the Canadian nursing board exam as you will need proof you've passed this when you apply for PR through PNP).
Good luck
Terese
Old Feb 21st 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Hi terese677
Thanks for replying, I was hoping that this would be the better way ( which it seems that way) cause as i have said earlier then my OH wouldn't have to pick a job that would take him away for weeks on end and he would be able to get one that perhaps will keep him just in canada.
Cheers for that
Michelle