Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Which way do I go?

Wikiposts

Which way do I go?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud ofTheCanes has much to be proud of
Default Re: Which way do I go?

Originally Posted by manningl
Man! I bet Jojoringo is glad they posted on this forum for some advice... was it really necessary to insult her/him?

If they want to run and leave their debt behind then its up to them I'm sure they are not the only 1's to have done that in the past. Caitilin is right when she mentions the fact that unless you change your money habits its very likely to happen again.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do Jojoringo and dont let the haters kill your dream
You are right - the decision, whether to run and leave debts behind is up to Jojoringo. However, if you ask a question on here, even if it's just to get advice, you have to expect that people are honest. I was honest! I said, get your finances sorted..., but at the same time I think it's a very stupid attitude to want to start a new life, by running away from the old one. Unless you change the way you live your life it'll just happen again.

Just my opinion - which was indirectly asked for by posting here!
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:08 am
Lovin it!

manningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to allmanningl is a name known to all

Very true but I guess my point is some people just naturally like to stick the knife in when there really is no need to. It doesn't help and I'm sure Jojoringo feels bad enough having all that debt.

Whats wrong with being nice? It doesn't cost any more
Old Jun 4th 2008, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

JTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura aboutJTM73 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Jib Jib
Personally our mortgage alone has gone up from £998 to £1400 per month because of the lack of deals around from banks
I agree. Over recent months my mortgage has gone up by £360 a month, council tax by £15 a month, electricity by £60 a quarter (and gas the same), to fill my car it now costs £10 more than it did when I bought it 18 months ago, and I heard on the news this week that groceries have gone up twice the rate of inflation. In the meantime, my salary has stayed exactly the same. It's stressful, frightening and very easy to get into debt. There is a constant fear of having something go wrong with my house or car and wondering how on earth I will find the money to pay for it.

I've been extremely careful with money. I don't go on nights out, I don't buy new clothes, I don't smoke or drink. I work solely to pay my mortgage and bills and that's it, money gone. It's no life. I imagine this is the situation for a lot of people.

I would not suggest leaving a debt. Here's what I'm doing and maybe this is something OP could do to help their situation: my house is about to go on the market; I'm currently working weekends on top of my normal job; once my house is sold I plan to downsize and rent somewhere very cheap.

The SW application route into Canada is apparently taking five years or so. This is a long time in which to work hard and get debt-free.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:23 am
Banned

Beaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to beholdBeaverquest is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by manningl
Very true but I guess my point is some people just naturally like to stick the knife in when there really is no need to. It doesn't help and I'm sure Jojoringo feels bad enough having all that debt.

Whats wrong with being nice? It doesn't cost any more
to be honest am sick of the sugar coating, softly softly, hugs and kisses attitude, someone has racked up a huge amount of debt , hey let's blame someone else - our parents generation managed, they did'nt have help groups for the spineless back then, just a ration book and a dripping sandwich

someone forms an opinion of where they want to live from a couple of years of childhood memories, hey i would love a job like windy miller from camberwick green and run away from reality and my financial problems

how about checking in that old wardrobe to see if narnia is open for business ?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 4:38 am
Logical & Hot Stuff

FlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond reputeFlirtyKnickers has a reputation beyond repute

Im not sure what all the fuss is about....the thread was started by someone who, from what i gathered thought that just skipping away to Canada without paying his debts was acceptable....or maybe if it all caught up with him there, he'd just skip across the pond and have a go collecting more dept in Australia.....someones bound to have a go at them for having that attitude....it would be rude not too