Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Watching U.K TV from Canada

Watching U.K TV from Canada

Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:43 pm
Curiously Wise

Jingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond reputeJingle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Watching U.K TV from Canada

Originally Posted by Oink
Why on earth would he think that? They just play the games with one rather crap commentator and studio discussion is a couple of local idiots and the great Sick-note, who was a very good footballer but unfortunately has a horrible lisp. He'd have been better off at home.
Well ..... I double checked and yes, he remains impressed and as he is a footballer and an avid sports fan he speaks with a little authority. He tends to watch with no sound anyway (does that also in the UK). What is is liking generally is the ability to see things like basketball, baseball, etc - he is sports mad.

For myself I think he is swayed by the recliner, big screen HDTV and a refrigerator close at hand ----- That together with being 23 / still open-minded / generally not jaded by life helps too.

J
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:50 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst
http://www.bestukvpn.com/

Tested it and it works using Chrome (on a mac) and also on iPhone very well. Both iPlayer and ITV Player work. No delay or speed difference to my regular tinternet.. Going to try it on xbox later too.
I'm having all kinds of bandwidth issues, just tried it on iPlayer with various things. Worked for a couple of minutes on SD, crapped out on HD immediately.

(and just because they use the MS VPN client to connect to their proxy doesn't make it a VPN )

I'm surprised they don't restrict these things by TTL and latency, IP blocking is so easy to evade.
Old Jun 15th 2012, 6:58 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Mmm yeah, there's a big latency difference, at least on wired connections. I see a new market, you can all love me later when I sell it to the BBC and block all your connections.