Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Waldorf is closing, because Vancouver isn't boring enough already

Waldorf is closing, because Vancouver isn't boring enough already

Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:30 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Waldorf is closing, because Vancouver isn't boring enough already

Your dads obviously drank in the upscale pubs where the ankle biters weren't allowed. Me and my sister were dragged into the local from a very early age and ran riot with all the other estate kids in the pub. Always left in the lounge while the parents buggered off next door into the bar.

Or down the legion.
Old Jan 10th 2013, 10:24 pm
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandymoochops
Your dads obviously drank in the upscale pubs where the ankle biters weren't allowed. Me and my sister were dragged into the local from a very early age and ran riot with all the other estate kids in the pub. Always left in the lounge while the parents buggered off next door into the bar.

Or down the legion.
Well, you're posher than me - my old Dad used to pick me up for his weekly access visit, then promptly park me in a pub garden with a bottle of coke and packet of KP crisps while he "popped inside for a bit"

Oh, and it didn't do me any harm.....

P.s. sorry about the Waldorf closing...
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:14 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Flossie. Enjoying all the pub stories.

I am sad about the Waldorf.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 2:54 pm
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ExKiwilass
Thanks Flossie. Enjoying all the pub stories.

I am sad about the Waldorf.
Now its seems there is a u-turn a'comin.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 3:29 pm
Best place on earth. BC.

MegRobEarlee is an unknown quantity at this point

one of my friends DJ's at the waldorf. Apparently they are going to try and move everything to another venue.
Is the beer store still there? it soon wont be if it is.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 5:12 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

UPDATE: just heard Jian sexy voice Ghomeshi lamenting the Waldorf on Q on CBC. It's gone national.
Old Jan 11th 2013, 6:21 pm
Grumpy Know-it-all

Steve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MegRobEarlee
but its CUT OFF from everywhere, no sister cities to speak of
Um, Seattle? (And all the other cities in western Washington), not to mention the other towns in the Fraser Valley. Also Victoria.

Jeez, if you think Vancouver is isolated try Calgary, Edmonton, Salt Lake, Boise, Albuquerque, Denver, Portland and basically any other city of consequence out west that isn't in California.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 1:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Gezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of lightGezza is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
OK

I am always puzzled by your posts. You seem to hate Vancouver, but continue to live there. I could never live somewhere that I hated. Each to their own.
Vancouver is a city for only the most resilient spirits. Myself and my wife moved there from Calgary (funny enough, Lake Bonavista Drive), and after 3 years we went back to U.K. As I had written in other posts: the perpetual cloud cover can drive you to a completely altered state of mind. Good things: close by skiing Lakes for swimming aplenty. People? not that friendly. Casual chit-chat in the park with kids did not happen to me in Van. Found it much easier to small talk with people in UK.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 2:04 am
half a century

The4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond reputeThe4BellsLondon has a reputation beyond repute

petition :

http://www.change.org/petitions/greg...re_before_sign

It'll do bugger all - but hey! I should be a Van City Planner
Old Jan 12th 2013, 2:15 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The4BellsLondon
petition :

http://www.change.org/petitions/greg...re_before_sign

It'll do bugger all - but hey! I should be a Van City Planner
Can't those that want to save it just put their hands in their pockets and buy it?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 5:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Lychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond reputeLychee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan2005
Can't those that want to save it just put their hands in their pockets and buy it?

Have a spare $80 million?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 5:25 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lychee
Have a spare $80 million?
You could use your social media contacts, and get all those arty types to have a benefit gig?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 2:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

You could use your social media contacts, and get all those arty types to have a benefit gig?
TBH. I don't think its going to be a great loss to civilization.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by Oink
TBH. I don't think its going to be a great loss to civilization.
Probably but it's a great loss to the hipsters. Where will they go to listen to beat poetry by east side ghetto poets now?
Old Jan 12th 2013, 3:26 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Probably but it's a great loss to the hipsters. Where will they go to listen to beat poetry by east side ghetto poets now?
Gordy Ginsberg or Cam S. Burroughs?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.