Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

waiting for open work permit. what happen if a hosp. wants to hire me?

waiting for open work permit. what happen if a hosp. wants to hire me?

Old Apr 29th 2009, 6:43 pm
Just Joined

Maria lourdes is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy waiting for open work permit. what happen if a hosp. wants to hire me?

I have submitted just recently my application for permanent residency and open work permit. I was a live-in Caregiver before and at the moment unemplyed since my last employer released me right away. Now, I have an eligibility to be granted a Graduate Nurse from CARNA, as long as I have an offer of employement from an Institution ( NRSG. hOME/ hOSP)

mY QUESTION IS...

I have talked to one facility that is willing to hire me...they said that they will apply for LMO and on my end I will have to apply for a work permit..

is this possible? will this not jeopardize my application for open work permit and permanent residency?

Anybody know about duanl intent?

Please help me...

Old Apr 29th 2009, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Lady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant futureLady Locket has a brilliant future
Default Re: waiting for open work permit. what happen if a hosp. wants to hire me?

I believe you can apply for a temporary work permit to tide you over, and no it won't jeopordise your application. In fact, if you have a job offer you should inform the immigration office dealing with your case since not only do you gain points for arranged employement, you may also find that your application is dealt with faster as you are a skilled worker....

I am sure there are people on here with more knowledge than I - but I am pretty sure a job offer is simply a good thing! Congratulations!

Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all
Default Re: waiting for open work permit. what happen if a hosp. wants to hire me?

Originally Posted by Maria lourdes
I have submitted just recently my application for permanent residency and open work permit. I was a live-in Caregiver before and at the moment unemplyed since my last employer released me right away. Now, I have an eligibility to be granted a Graduate Nurse from CARNA, as long as I have an offer of employement from an Institution ( NRSG. hOME/ hOSP)

mY QUESTION IS...

I have talked to one facility that is willing to hire me...they said that they will apply for LMO and on my end I will have to apply for a work permit..

is this possible? will this not jeopardize my application for open work permit and permanent residency?

Anybody know about duanl intent?

Please help me...

Hi Maria,

i dont know whether this would have any adverse effect effect on your application, as lady locket states it would strengthen your case. you would need to wait for the positive LMO that your employer applies for, once you have this you send this off with the TWP pack. i am als a nurse, my LMO took 8 days to get back to me, ive had arranged employment since january, my job offer, LMO, police checks etc etc all went to london- you can see my timelines below, im just waiting my outcome now (confirmation letter) that i can get on that flight. you take the letter to canada and TWP is issued at POE.

someone else maybe able to offer more advice as i am no expert but can advise on what ive had to do.

good luck

kae
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:36 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Maria, My Husbands a mechanic. We had already put in our PR application we he got offered a job. The company did the LMO and everything, we got WP's and let CIC know the updated info. We were granted PR within the initial timeframes CIC had quoted.
Old Apr 29th 2009, 8:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

What category are you applying for permanent residency? (family class, skilled worker etc.?)
Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:12 pm
Just Joined

Maria lourdes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
What category are you applying for permanent residency? (family class, skilled worker etc.?)
Yes, I am applying for permanent residency under the live-in caregiver program here in Alberta Canada. Worker under this program are eligible to apply for permanent residency after the completion of their service/work for 24 months. Now that I am done with the program, I am eligible to apply for permanent residency together with my family (who are in the Philippines).

I had my Education and experience assessed by the College and Association of registered Nurses of Alberta and I was eligible to write the exam and be granted a temporary practice permit as a Graduate Nurse. I just submitted my application to CIC and application for open permit. Now, I had an offer from a Nursing home to work, if they will apply for LMO for me, and me apply for work permit under this new Job as a Graduate Nurse, will this cause any discrepancy on my PR application and Open Work permit? or must I just wait for my open work permit that will be after 6 mos..i guess.

I just needed to work soon and expose my self to hosp. setting as this may help me pass the CRNE ( Canadian registration Nursing Exam )

Please .i need some help..and thanks for all those who lifted my spirit by giving me encouragement with their knowledge abt. this.

Maria
Old Feb 24th 2010, 10:32 am
Just Joined

FoggyAlbion is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Maria lourdes
Yes, I am applying for permanent residency under the live-in caregiver program here in Alberta Canada. Worker under this program are eligible to apply for permanent residency after the completion of their service/work for 24 months. Now that I am done with the program, I am eligible to apply for permanent residency together with my family (who are in the Philippines).

I had my Education and experience assessed by the College and Association of registered Nurses of Alberta and I was eligible to write the exam and be granted a temporary practice permit as a Graduate Nurse. I just submitted my application to CIC and application for open permit. Now, I had an offer from a Nursing home to work, if they will apply for LMO for me, and me apply for work permit under this new Job as a Graduate Nurse, will this cause any discrepancy on my PR application and Open Work permit? or must I just wait for my open work permit that will be after 6 mos..i guess.

I just needed to work soon and expose my self to hosp. setting as this may help me pass the CRNE ( Canadian registration Nursing Exam )

Please .i need some help..and thanks for all those who lifted my spirit by giving me encouragement with their knowledge abt. this.

Maria
Dear Maria,

I would like to move to Canada by a program live-in-caregiver for elderly person. I have some questions about this program. Is it possible to ask you what kind of caregiver you have been, please? Have you been at a childcare or elderly or disabled person?
Thanks a lot.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

bear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nicebear-diesel is just really nice

you will have to have a medical before they will issue you the docs for TWP. they send you the relevant forms that you have to take to the med so you have to wait for these first. good luck with your plans

i dont know whether this would have any adverse effect effect on your application, as lady locket states it would strengthen your case. you would need to wait for the positive LMO that your employer applies for, once you have this you send this off with the TWP pack. i am als a nurse, my LMO took 8 days to get back to me, ive had arranged employment since january, my job offer, LMO, police checks etc etc all went to london- you can see my timelines below, im just waiting my outcome now (confirmation letter) that i can get on that flight. you take the letter to canada and TWP is issued at POE.

someone else maybe able to offer more advice as i am no expert but can advise on what ive had to do.

good luck

kae[/QUOTE]