Reload this Page >

Volcano - anyone booked with canadian affair

Volcano - anyone booked with canadian affair

Old May 24th 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

OsmondFan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Volcano - anyone booked with canadian affair

Thanks all.

After protracted emails with both Canadian Affair and Thomas Cook and conversations with ABTA and ATUC who both confirmed that TC, as the ticketed carrier, should pay - we have a success!

TC emailed to say that they have instructed CA to pay out and lo and behold the letter confirming this arrived at the weekend. Money to be refunded within ten days!!

If I can be of any assistance to other travellers please do not hesitate to ask and I promise no snake oil sales either!!
Old May 24th 2010, 10:08 pm

Bali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBali2010 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OsmondFan
Thanks all.

After protracted emails with both Canadian Affair and Thomas Cook and conversations with ABTA and ATUC who both confirmed that TC, as the ticketed carrier, should pay - we have a success!

TC emailed to say that they have instructed CA to pay out and lo and behold the letter confirming this arrived at the weekend. Money to be refunded within ten days!!

If I can be of any assistance to other travellers please do not hesitate to ask and I promise no snake oil sales either!!
great news
Old May 24th 2010, 10:35 pm
Account Closed

mojovibe is an unknown quantity at this point

I flew with Canadian Affair/ Thomas Cook airlines on the Friday 7/05/10 from Manchester to Calgary. Then i was due out on Friday 21/05/10 @ 15:40. The plane taxied to runway, test throttled it's engines, then there was a loud percussion bang then the plane shook. The captain had the sense to pull back to the dock and have the plane checked out. My applaud goes to him for not taking a risk to save the company money.

It turned out a major component had failed either in the engine or one of the flaps. We never were actually told, there was a rumour that a bird had flown through the turbine. It must have been an ostrich if that was the case. Any way we were eventually told that the plane would not on that day and we were given 2 meal vouchers and were put up in the Delta hotel at the airport. We were told that there was a scheduled flight due out at 11:00 to Gatwick, then it changed to 15:00, and then a flight from Vancouver would do an unscheduled stop at Calgary to pick the left over passengers, if the plane still didn't fly.

We were then told that if we chose this flight, of which we didn't have a choice, we would have to make our own way back to Manchester. After a lot of complaining, Thomas Cook gave in and put 2 coaches on back to Manchester. So we all eventually arrived back there about 16:00 very tired and fatigued.

So what I'm saying is... if this happens to you, make sure that you all complain and protest. The contract is a ticket from Man-Cal-Cal-Man. Don't let them breach it. They could have done a better job of assisting and showing the passengers off the plane and down to the coach station. The bus that I was on had passengers from the other bus cos it wasn't full up. So I just hope the other passengers got the other bus after we set off.