BlackIceBoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Volcano - anyone booked with canadian affair

Worth looking at if your trip has been disrupted:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8621779.stm
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

Good news: The ash will blow away from the UK by the end off the week!

Now, the Bad news: It will cause problems for Canada instead!!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8631889.stm
Old Apr 20th 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

LadySummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I would not want to be on the first flight to Canada when they reopen the skies, just in case!

Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LadySummer
I would not want to be on the first flight to Canada when they reopen the skies, just in case!

Err, my girlfriend and I should be flying out to Vancouver on Sunday.

Pray for us.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:02 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy

Pray for us.
It's ok. The aircraft can glide for a fair distance without the engines.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by el_richo
Phewie.

My wildest dream of waking up on mysterious island after my flight succumbs to a black smoke monster is about to be fulfilled.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

LadySummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by el_richo
What before it plummets to the ground, do they let you take parachutes?
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:30 pm
Forum Regular

smivers is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by BlackIceBoy

Pray for us.
The Beeb says it will be affecting North East Canada. I think they will be able to fly around/over it to get to Vancouver.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

izzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond reputeizzi81 has a reputation beyond repute

That BBC map shows ash over NE Canada already... but there has been no mention of closed airspace there?

I'm feeling pretty disgruntled about all this... we're supposed to be flying on Thursday, that's not going to happen. We're flying to Halifax, so when we can fly we probably won't be allowed to fly there it now looks like! This was recce no2 to hand in our application... we are so disheartened it's not true
Old Apr 20th 2010, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

fiona20 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are supposed to be flying to calgary on may 7th as we are moving to lethbridge and my husband starts his new job the following week. we have no house he has resigned from his job and we have cancelled everthing here so fingers crossed
Old Apr 20th 2010, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Jacoba is an unknown quantity at this point

Supposed to have flown out with Canadian Affair yesterday from Manchester to Toronto, but rescheduled to Wed, 21 April. It does not look likely that will happen now either. So long as you accept CA alternate options they offer, they will make sure you get to your destination. Provided they don't suddenly go bust!

My travel insurance won't cover flight cancellations due to force majeur. Knock on effect is hotel and car hire changes which is also, suprise suprise, not covered by insurance. Insurance will cover loss of luggage and illness, but I don't want to tempt fate too much now!!!

Currently unemployed & living with folks, but thankfully sitting in comfort in comparison to other people travelling.

What chaos! What a story to tell the grandchildren!!

Good luck to all you trying to get to Canada too!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 3:09 pm
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

We're stuck in the UK; were supposed to have flown back last Saturday.
We've had contact with canadian Affair, but they just tell us nothing is moving and when it does we will not be at the front of the queue when they clear the backlog. We realise that folks with booked flights go first anyway. They certainly haven't offered any alternative dates as yet!

Kids are home alone in Canada. Not that they're babies, but we are having to transfer money into boy's account for food, and just hoping no major bills arise. We're both supposed to be back at work, and hubby's appears to be falling apart in his absence, so he's stressed to bits.

Staying with MIL, and murder WILL be done if I don't get out soon.

I know you guys who are hoping to get out to Canada soon are anxious, but if anyone wants to donate their seats (if only it were possible) they'd be gratefully received!

I don't even have a PC where we are, so feel really cut off!
Old Apr 20th 2010, 4:29 pm
Just Joined

Jacoba is an unknown quantity at this point

Alberta Rose, you have my sympathy. Fingers crossed it all gets sorted out asap for you too.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 7:16 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute

If you (or anyone you know) happens to be flying on BA084 from Vancouver to LHR today, well, you are not going to LHR. Currently you are circling the Isle of Man (and have been for the past 20 minutes) and it looks as though you're going to end up at Shannon. Which is closer to home than Vancouver so I guess things are looking up.
Old Apr 20th 2010, 7:52 pm

lmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond reputelmartin999 has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like UK airspace will open from 2100 GMT. Guess BA did the trick aiming all those 777 and 747s at LHR

BA084 now LHR rather than SNN

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.