Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Visitors visa- HELP!

Wikiposts

Visitors visa- HELP!

Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:37 am
Just Joined

alexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nice
Question Visitors visa- HELP!

Hi....Me again! Sorry for all the questions, but we get more answers here than anywhere else!
I live in BC, I have PR status. My partner ( Rory) is here on a visitors visa, been here since May 15th. In July we went down to the States for a week to visit family, returned July 28th.
We were informed he could leave Canada to go to the States and re enter on a visitors visa, but the 6 months will not start again.
So....he applied for an extension to the visitors visa so that we can continue living together and obtain common law status. He stated his date or original entry was May 15th, date of last entry was July 28th. The application was denied based on "Failed to provide proof of original entry". They state the date of entry was July, therefore say he can stay until January 28th, and can reapply before that time.
Rory then emailed them and explained his date of last entry was July 28th, but the date of original entry was May 15th. Their reply "Once a decision is made on a visitors permit it cannot be appealed. You can submit a new application if you have new information which was not available when you first applied"!
Our concern is when we reapply will they say that again proof of original entry was not given? Does this mean now that the date of original entry now becomes July? and for common law status, does that mean our year of living together did not start until July? When infact he has been living with me since May?
Alex x
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:44 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visitors visa- HELP!

Originally Posted by alexlovesangels
Hi....Me again! Sorry for all the questions, but we get more answers here than anywhere else!
I live in BC, I have PR status. My partner ( Rory) is here on a visitors visa, been here since May 15th. In July we went down to the States for a week to visit family, returned July 28th.
We were informed he could leave Canada to go to the States and re enter on a visitors visa, but the 6 months will not start again.
So....he applied for an extension to the visitors visa so that we can continue living together and obtain common law status. He stated his date or original entry was May 15th, date of last entry was July 28th. The application was denied based on "Failed to provide proof of original entry". They state the date of entry was July, therefore say he can stay until January 28th, and can reapply before that time.
Rory then emailed them and explained his date of last entry was July 28th, but the date of original entry was May 15th. Their reply "Once a decision is made on a visitors permit it cannot be appealed. You can submit a new application if you have new information which was not available when you first applied"!
Our concern is when we reapply will they say that again proof of original entry was not given? Does this mean now that the date of original entry now becomes July? and for common law status, does that mean our year of living together did not start until July? When infact he has been living with me since May?
Alex x
Get married and have it done with.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:52 am
Just Joined

alexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nicealexlovesangels is just really nice

Need a proposal!
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:56 am
Glory glory Man Utd.....

leggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud ofleggy969 has much to be proud of

Proposal is in the pipeline, just waiting for the right time & moment.......
Old Nov 18th 2010, 9:58 am
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leggy969
Proposal is in the pipeline, just waiting for the right time & moment.......
As long as the timing doesn't coincide with deportation, good luck with it all
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:17 am

Alan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond reputeAlan2005 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el_richo
As long as the timing doesn't coincide with deportation, good luck with it all
**** me ragged - it's cilla black incarnate.
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:19 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Wohoo! Congratulations. Can we come to the reception?
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:30 am
Beep

Originally Posted by Alan2005
**** me ragged - it's cilla black incarnate.
Supplies Supplies
Old Nov 18th 2010, 10:42 am
Just Joined

We took over facebook in this way too....thats how we reconnected after 19 years!!

However, I have to finalise a divorce and the chances of that being done and remarried before January are slim.....

So back to the original question.....what date is the date of original entry? And will they accept that to extend?

Invites to follow!!!!!