Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Visiting London Office

Visiting London Office

Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

eastlands is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visiting London Office

Has anybody visited the London office for advice ,was it worth it &what times can you go .thanks.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Visiting London Office

do you mean the canadian commission on grosvenor street?

i went there to deliever my passport for the visa issuance. i am not sure whether they receive visitors with general enquiries.

they have a long queue snaking outside; you get called in in groups of about 10 at a time. you are security processed as per the airport method and your handbag / ruck sack / whatever is left in a locker.

of course i only spoke to the security guard and the 'window teller' who took my documentation, but there didn't seem to be a place for asking questions. I am sure anyone is likely to direct you to their many web sites / pages.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:31 am

Souvenir is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paolosmythe
do you mean the canadian commission on grosvenor street?

i went there to deliever my passport for the visa issuance. i am not sure whether they receive visitors with general enquiries.

they have a long queue snaking outside; you get called in in groups of about 10 at a time. you are security processed as per the airport method and your handbag / ruck sack / whatever is left in a locker.

of course i only spoke to the security guard and the 'window teller' who took my documentation, but there didn't seem to be a place for asking questions. I am sure anyone is likely to direct you to their many web sites / pages.
I doubt if they receive visitors, just people they may decide to summon for an interview. I worked at the CHC in the 90s. The immigration guys kept the great unwashed at arm's length even back then. I would be surprised if they had become more amenable to direct contact in recent years. They'd be swamped (not to mention the security implications of letting people past the airlock).
Old Mar 31st 2009, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by paolosmythe

i went there to deliever my passport for the visa issuance.
How long did you have to wait to get you passport back?
Old Mar 31st 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

paolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to beholdpaolosmythe is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Madhouse
How long did you have to wait to get you passport back?
it is the hyper efficient 2 week turn around...

they even stamp the date of collection on your receipt, just in case you cannot work out what the date will be in a fortnight's time!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Ta!
Old Mar 31st 2009, 12:53 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

You can't just turn up for advice I'm afraid. It's only for passport drop offs / interviews etc.

Old Apr 1st 2009, 1:00 am
Moved from Chester UK

IckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really niceIckleHelen is just really nice

We went to London about a month ago to get travel documents as we were returning to Canada without PR Cards.

Here is a link which may be of use...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ons/london.asp