Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Visiting the doctor in the uk as non resident

Visiting the doctor in the uk as non resident

Old Sep 14th 2012, 11:39 pm
Forum Regular

KerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really niceKerinaK2008 is just really nice
Default Visiting the doctor in the uk as non resident

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone knows how the procedure differs when you visit the doctor in the uk as a visitor rather than a resident? Me and my baby son will be visiting the uk for 1 month. He was born in Canada but a dual citizen through me. We have travel insurance and hoping not to visit any doctors! But in the case we do, just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences.
Old Sep 14th 2012, 11:59 pm
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting the doctor in the uk as non resident

Just pay the doctor their fee and claim it back off your travel insurance.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 12:09 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visiting the doctor in the uk as non resident

Originally Posted by KerinaK2008
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to know if anyone knows how the procedure differs when you visit the doctor in the uk as a visitor rather than a resident? Me and my baby son will be visiting the uk for 1 month. He was born in Canada but a dual citizen through me. We have travel insurance and hoping not to visit any doctors! But in the case we do, just wanted to know if anyone had any experiences.
You are both entitled to free emergency NHS treatment...whether you have travel insurance or not. Non emergency treatment may/or may not be chargeable...it depends on the discretion of the doctor/clinic/hospital. Good for you having travel insurance.