British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Canada (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/)
-   -   Visa and SIN card finally arrived! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/canada-56/visa-sin-card-finally-arrived-641316/)

Wearsider Nov 19th 2009 8:12 pm

Visa and SIN card finally arrived!

After "Landing" in Calgary at the end of August, our PR cards and SIN cards have finally arrived (via a friend in Airdrie) in the UK. I now desperately need to get my Resume up to date and get it out there! One guy has asked me for my resume and bio (?) and asked me to give him a call soon. He is a hiring manager in the sector I work, so I must get that done asap.

Good luck to all of you who are still in the queue, or waiting for med requests and passport requests etc.:thumbup:

burton bunch Nov 20th 2009 5:07 am

Re: Visa and SIN card finally arrived!

Originally Posted by Wearsider (Post 8110859)
After "Landing" in Calgary at the end of August, our PR cards and SIN cards have finally arrived (via a friend in Airdrie) in the UK. I now desperately need to get my Resume up to date and get it out there! One guy has asked me for my resume and bio (?) and asked me to give him a call soon. He is a hiring manager in the sector I work, so I must get that done asap.

Good luck to all of you who are still in the queue, or waiting for med requests and passport requests etc.:thumbup:

congratulations x

joinerboy Nov 20th 2009 7:03 am

Hi
Conngrats, & all the best with the job hunting :fingerscrossed:

regards
Joinerboy:)

julescg Nov 20th 2009 12:54 pm

Hi Wearside

do I take it that when you went to land you applied for your SIN card to a friends address - do they knowingly let you do this or not - I was wondering about applying for our SIN cards when we go to validate our visas next year and get them sent to my cousins house (if they agree). DId you also have to apply for your PR cards as well? we've just got our visas (well they've got to back to London as they keep using my maiden name not my married name!) and I've got all these questions about our next step!

Wearsider Nov 21st 2009 12:06 pm

We told immigration etc that we were staying with our friends and using their address until we had a permanent one of our own. When you land if you are only activating your residence visa and the trip is a temporary stay in Canada be prepared to answer questions about your intentions regarding housing & employment.

Immigration and social insurance people both high lighted identity theft and wanted assurance that the friends address was secure.

You can PM me if you need anything else or to be more specific.