Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Visa Rejection

Visa Rejection

Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:52 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Rejection

Originally Posted by spaceace
I think it's Amy who is crazalicious
Watch it..! I just know that CIC DO make mistakes - all the time - am currently working on a mistake they made today - I always chase them up on them and 9 times out of 10 they will accept their mistakes.

So depending on what REALLY happened for the OP, it may be worth seeing if they will re-consider.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

spaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of lightspaceace is a glorious beacon of light

now I'm scared...do what ^she^ says
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Almost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond reputeAlmost Canadian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Ooh your such a lawyer... But we still love you
What I meant was that there may have been a valid reason why such a deficient application was sent in. I simply cannot understand why someone would not send documents in that they had access to. Something smells.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:57 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaceace
now I'm scared...do what ^she^ says
Old Mar 25th 2011, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
What I meant was that there may have been a valid reason why such a deficient application was sent in. I simply cannot understand why someone would not send documents in that they had access to. Something smells.
You are indeed correct - something is not quite right and I can only assume that the documents they did send in did not correspond with the relevant duties stated under the NOC code.

Maybe it was a "lets see if we can squeeze under this NOC even though we didn't really do 100% of those duties".
Old May 1st 2011, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

The Hampsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanx for all the replies.

We're looking at going through the whole rigmarole again. I'm speaking with another professional, who has been pointed my way by a friend in Calgary, to see what we can do and how we should proceed.

The thing that looks to have sunk our application was not having any independent proof of my carrying out the roles I have stated in our application. As I hadn't mentioned our plans to migrate to anyone at work, I was unable to get confirmation from my employer of the duties outlined.

Let's see if we can get it right this time.
Old May 1st 2011, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Near Colchester, Essex hoping to go to Port Moody, BC
singingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to beholdsingingringingtree is a splendid one to behold

If my memory serves me right, from what I read on here, weren't there quite a few applications chosen for the Ottawa trial which didn't make it through? What is the trial? A more severe way of processing? Would these have made it through the London office more easily I wonder.

Anyway, good luck and I hope you find another way to Canada.
Old May 1st 2011, 3:16 pm
Account Closed

fledermaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Hampsons

We're looking at going through the whole rigmarole again. I'm speaking with another professional, who has been pointed my way by a friend in Calgary, to see what we can do and how we should proceed.

The thing that looks to have sunk our application was not having any independent proof of my carrying out the roles I have stated in our application. As I hadn't mentioned our plans to migrate to anyone at work, I was unable to get confirmation from my employer of the duties outlined.

So, did your lawyer say that you needed this?? When we applied years ago before the new system we had to supply copies of contacts, job descriptions and references from our employers.

Also, our immigration consultant would not have charged a fee if our application was rejected - apart from for medical reasons.
Old May 1st 2011, 4:18 pm
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

I didn't tell the immediate team I was working that I had applied to emigrate to Canada. When I had to provide proof, I approached HR and firstly ask for a confidential meeting and then at the meeting I asked for a Corporate Reference which included my roles. We agreed that my latest performace review would be used as the source of the role description element of the reference. The performence review included a "Description Of Role" box. HR were happy that as the performance review was written by my boss so it was a true representation of my work.
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:05 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if it helps now, but when we applied my husband simply asked his HR department for a reference letter outlining his duties - he didn't tell them what it was for, and they didn't ask. Even if they do ask, couldn't you just say it's for a mortgage application or something?
Old May 8th 2011, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

The Hampsons is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Not sure if it helps now, but when we applied my husband simply asked his HR department for a reference letter outlining his duties - he didn't tell them what it was for, and they didn't ask. Even if they do ask, couldn't you just say it's for a mortgage application or something?
If we get that far next time, it may be the way to go. Using hindsight, it would have been better than the route I took last time.

I was advised that should I be unable to get an official letter of reference, then I should personally write a letter outlining the duties I had carried out in any roles over the last 10 years. After 6 pages I thought I'd got everything covered. Alas, I should have gone cap in hand to personnel and tried that option.

As a rule, my company haven't normally given out letters of reference. They have, in the past confirmed employment duration, attendence and sickness records. The reputation of the company, Ex ICI, was usually good enough as a reference in the chemical/petrochemical industry.
Old May 31st 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

cplifts is on a distinguished road

hi can i ask which immigration lawyer you used?
Old May 31st 2011, 9:45 pm
Every day's a school day

cheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond reputecheeky_monkey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
i just asked my employers outright that i had decide to emmigrate and wanted a reference letter..they were more than happy to outline my role and all the projects i had undertaken..i also went on to carry on working for them another 2 years.