Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Videotron or Rogers

Wikiposts

Videotron or Rogers

Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:28 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of
Default Videotron or Rogers

Hi,

We'll be settling in Montréal and want to get a mobile 'phone service. We already have unlocked mobiles bought already.

Has anyone any experience of whether Rogers or Videotron would be better?

Of course, Rogers will have the iPhone (once I can convince OH that it's a good idea...)

Thanks,
C2006
Old Jun 26th 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

drwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nicedrwoodsy is just really nice
Default Re: Videotron or Rogers

Not 100% certain but I thought that Rogers was the only GSM provider in Canada with the rest being CDMA. That being the case a UK mobile that uses a SIM card would only work on Rogers.

Hope that helps.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 9:19 am
No time for muppets!

Mikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of lightMikey B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by drwoodsy
Not 100% certain but I thought that Rogers was the only GSM provider in Canada with the rest being CDMA. That being the case a UK mobile that uses a SIM card would only work on Rogers.

Hope that helps.
Thats what I thought to that Rogers are the only GSM, although I heard on the grapevine Telus are planning to get in on the GSM act before the 2010 Winter Olympics.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 10:30 am
C'est correck

Canada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud ofCanada2006 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mikey B
Thats what I thought to that Rogers are the only GSM, although I heard on the grapevine Telus are planning to get in on the GSM act before the 2010 Winter Olympics.
I thought that too, but had a look on the Videotron site and they claim to be a GSM provider covering the whole of Canada.

Maybe they're buying capacity from uncle Ted.