Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver - what a dump (if TV drama is to be believed)

Vancouver - what a dump (if TV drama is to be believed)

Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:42 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver - what a dump (if TV drama is to be believed)

Originally Posted by CanadianInGasgow
What do you mean ?
On reflection it might have a bit of a stretch to compare the tedium of Vancouver with the ravages of war-torn sub-Saharan Africa but it was the geneneral logic of "make the best of where you are" that I felt needed comment.
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
On reflection it might have a bit of a stretch to compare the tedium of Vancouver with the ravages of war-torn sub-Saharan Africa but it was the geneneral logic of "make the best of where you are" that I felt needed comment.
I had said previously in this thread that people would give their right arm to live here, for that very reason. Make the best of it is only applicable to the 1st world problems being discussed here
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:51 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadianInGasgow
I had said previously in this thread that people would give their right arm to live here, for that very reason. Make the best of it is only applicable to the 1st world problems being discussed here

Do you consider Gasgow a "1st world" problem?
Old Nov 14th 2016, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

CanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond reputeCanadianInGasgow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
Do you consider Gasgow a "1st world" problem?
Nope, I don't think glasgow is a problem. I make the most of anywhere I live
Old Nov 14th 2016, 8:39 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is hilarious now

Old Nov 15th 2016, 12:40 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from Vancouver, spent the least amount of time possible there, longing for home and the smell of cow shit in the valley!

Down side, have to go back tomorrow!