Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver, don't get it.

Vancouver, don't get it.

Old May 30th 2012, 5:38 pm
slanderer of the innocent

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver, don't get it.

Originally Posted by ireland2canada
Your impression is incorrect, but I accept your right to have it. I don't know how you come to the conclusion of "defensive", I thought it might be nice to hear some actual opinions from other posters rather than silly bullying and have asked questions accordingly. I also don't see where I have "given it out". What is "it"? And what can I not "take"? I rarely post on this board anymore as, with many others, I find the overall atmosphere to be unpleasant. If this is not being able to "take it" then ok.

I don't know what your problem is, in general and in particular with anything that I have said, I really don't. You seem to have no substance in any of your replies, yet you seem fully equipped to tell me all about what I think. You don't ask, you just seem to assume. You also seemed to infer that I was being sarcastic, some snide little comment like that earlier in this thread but you were wholly incorrect. I was genuinely interested and asked actual questions...somehow you see this as sarcasm. It's odd behaviour for an adult but a classic example of how people are just mean on the internet.
digs. hole. deeper. not defensive at all. nooooooo.

Old May 30th 2012, 5:41 pm

ExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond reputeExKiwilass has a reputation beyond repute

so let me get this straight. You can say whatever you like about Van - which I don't have a problem with - but I can't take the piss out of you a bit where you're wrong. Okay. Again, if you can't take it, don't give it. Then you won't have to worry about "bullying".
Old May 30th 2012, 5:47 pm

ireland2canada is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kiwilass
digs. hole. deeper. not defensive at all. nooooooo.

I truely do not understand your problem. I'll make no pretence about it, I find you to be rather bullying. Why are you still blithering on? Do you not like it when people respond to you or do you prefer it when posters just leave? Genuine question, not sarcastic.

You clearly do have a problem with what I said about Vancouver because you just about had a fit over the diversity thing. That's why this thread now contains pages of rubbish, because you couldn't just let it go. Just couldn't accept an opinion....
Old May 30th 2012, 5:49 pm

I truely do not understand your problem. I'll make no pretence about it, I find you to be rather bullying. Why are you still blithering on? Do you not like it when people respond to you or do you prefer it when posters just leave? Genuine question, not sarcastic.

You clearly do have a problem with what I said about Vancouver because you just about had a fit over the diversity thing. That's why this thread now contains pages of rubbish, because you couldn't just let it go. Just couldn't accept an opinion....
oh well, I tried.
Old May 30th 2012, 5:50 pm

oh well, I tried.
Yes, you did. Now, go find someone else.
Old May 30th 2012, 5:56 pm

I agree I can't let it go. But neither can you. What I find so interesting about you is a lot of what you accuse me of, you are doing yourself. Pot, pot calling kettle.

And that's it because I can see this is pointless.
Old May 30th 2012, 5:57 pm
Assimilated Pauper

dbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond reputedbd33 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Almost Canadian
Please don't come to Calgary during the time of the Stampede. You may leave thinking that Calgary is populated with cowboys and cowgirls and that the only food availabe for Caglarians to eat is pancakes, hotdogs and burgers
I've been to Calgary, it wasn't during the Stampede.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:03 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

I like the heavy influence of Asian restaurants and markets here as I like that type of food. I've eaten Ethiopian and Somalian food before and while somewhat tasty it is not something I'd eat very often and the portions were really small. Both cities seem pleasant enough for NA cities though. Neither has decent football or cricket, so for me, the main benefit to the west coast is the weather. I simply can't take the freezing cold and snow or the heat and the humidity anymore. If it never gets above 21c or below 4c I'm happy.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:05 pm

I agree I can't let it go. But neither can you. What I find so interesting about you is a lot of what you accuse me of, you are doing yourself. Pot, pot calling kettle.

And that's it because I can see this is pointless.
I'll always stand up for myself, it seems you don't like that!

If by pot & kettle you believe that I am bullying you, perhaps because I thought Vancouver was crap, then I apologise.

<must...let...it...go>
Old May 30th 2012, 6:05 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I like the heavy influence of Asian restaurants and markets here as I like that type of food. I've eaten Ethiopian and Somalian food before and while somewhat tasty it is not something I'd eat very often and the portions were really small. Both cities seem pleasant enough for NA cities though. Neither has decent football or cricket, so for me, the main benefit to the west coast is the weather. I simply can't take the freezing cold and snow or the heat and the humidity anymore. If it never gets above 21c or below 4c I'm happy.
You're rarely happy though apparently ( based on a straw poll of your posts )
Old May 30th 2012, 6:09 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tangram
You're rarely happy though apparently ( based on a straw poll of your posts )
I'm as content as content can be when it comes to recreational time. Otherwise its a shitty world out there to which I fully admit I make a contribution.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:22 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

What about brown immigrants from, say, England, how do they affect diversity?

In this day and age, who cares?
Don't care but they don't seem to come to Vancouver
Old May 30th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbd33
I've been to Calgary, it wasn't during the Stampede.
Do you "get" Calgary?
Old May 30th 2012, 6:33 pm
Seasoned Maritimer

Tangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond reputeTangram has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
I'm as content as content can be when it comes to recreational time. Otherwise its a shitty world out there to which I fully admit I make a contribution.
True dat.
Old May 30th 2012, 6:36 pm
Beep

el_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond reputeel_richo has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the posters that lived in Vancouver had indicated the residents of Vancouver are from a range of people. I also believed there is a variety of food. Having never been, I can't really comment.
Oh there's a large variety of different food and restaurants available. That's probably the main diversity we get i think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.