Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Vancouver airport parking

Vancouver airport parking

Old Oct 5th 2016, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Vancouver airport parking

Anyone ever parked at a parking lot near YVR run by Jetset, they are also listed on the YVR wesbite.

They have fairly poor reviews online with the bulk of the bad reviews it seems in the last month or 2.

Flying out at the end of the month and trying to decide if its worth the risk parking there or just better to pay more and park at the airport.

We live too far from the airport for transit or a taxi, so parking there is the most affordable option and really only option.

Just wondering if anyone has parked in that lot, or know of other lots in the area offsite that could be cheaper then the airport itself.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 5:44 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Vancouver airport parking

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Anyone ever parked at a parking lot near YVR run by Jetset, they are also listed on the YVR wesbite.

They have fairly poor reviews online with the bulk of the bad reviews it seems in the last month or 2.

Flying out at the end of the month and trying to decide if its worth the risk parking there or just better to pay more and park at the airport.

We live too far from the airport for transit or a taxi, so parking there is the most affordable option and really only option.

Just wondering if anyone has parked in that lot, or know of other lots in the area offsite that could be cheaper then the airport itself.

I've used it several times for longer term parking (1 month+) and not had any problems. What issues are being raised with it? Pre-booking gets you the best deal.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 6:00 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by R I C H
I've used it several times for longer term parking (1 month+) and not had any problems. What issues are being raised with it? Pre-booking gets you the best deal.
Long wait times, and issues with pre-paying and credit card used not being recognized seems to the the bulk of the issues, and a few with long shuttle waits.

Its not a ton of reviews and thought I would see if anywhere has used them, they have the best rate by far, so I am likely going to use them as they seem to have a good location as well as good rate.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 8:22 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

Long wait times, and issues with pre-paying and credit card used not being recognized seems to the the bulk of the issues, and a few with long shuttle waits.

Its not a ton of reviews and thought I would see if anywhere has used them, they have the best rate by far, so I am likely going to use them as they seem to have a good location as well as good rate.
When it comes to airport parking services, these are not what I would consider to be "severe" problems - as it relates to the business of airport parking.

I'd be worried if I saw complaints pertaining to vehicle damage, break-ins, fraudulent transactions, dubious penalty fees, no security attendants, etc.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 8:45 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Photoplex
When it comes to airport parking services, these are not what I would consider to be "severe" problems - as it relates to the business of airport parking.

I'd be worried if I saw complaints pertaining to vehicle damage, break-ins, fraudulent transactions, dubious penalty fees, no security attendants, etc.
True.

I cant comment about Vancouver but I used to do an online search of cheapest parking for London Gatwick and Heathrow - never had any issues when parking or returning to get my car
Old Oct 5th 2016, 10:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

jerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond reputejerry brewer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
Used it it a few times, but last year, pre booking didnt work on the way out, didnt recognise my CC, but the kiosk operator phoned the supervisor and i got out ok
wasted a bit of time but not to bad.
bcaa give discount as does/did the save on more card ?
google for a dicount code sometimes there is one on the net
cheers jerry
Old Oct 5th 2016, 11:25 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

I read the same reviews and everything worked 100% for me. No issues whatsoever.
Old Oct 5th 2016, 11:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

Another possibility, which friends from Vancouver Island used a lot, but which depends on the timing of your flights .................

They would arrange an early morning flight out and a late arriving return.

Then they would book into a certain hotel near the airport, and leave their car in the hotel car park while they were away. No charge if they stayed at least the one night.

I don't know how many hotels offer that service ........ but they found this particular one did, and it worked very well for them.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:09 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by scilly
Another possibility, which friends from Vancouver Island used a lot, but which depends on the timing of your flights .................

They would arrange an early morning flight out and a late arriving return.

Then they would book into a certain hotel near the airport, and leave their car in the hotel car park while they were away. No charge if they stayed at least the one night.

I don't know how many hotels offer that service ........ but they found this particular one did, and it worked very well for them.
I found a few hotels who offer that and it might be something we do as well, our flight is early in the morning, so being able to sleep an extra hour or 2 might be worthwhile.

Rates are 130-140 + tax with the parking so not huge amount, but the trip is fairly unplanned last minute as my dad bought the tickets and wanted us to come down on specific dates, so we may have to cut back and just do the parking which is $67 or so at the place in the OP if paid in advance.

Almost which we had just booked out of Bellingham, there really is no advantage to YVR when your out in the Fraser Valley....lol
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

scilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond reputescilly has a reputation beyond repute

nothing from Abbotsford south then??????
Old Oct 6th 2016, 12:41 am
Account Closed

nothing from Abbotsford south then??????
No. Only service from Abby is to other Canadian city's. Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, and I think new leaf flies to Winnipeg, and then some small airlines like Orca Airways and Island Express fly to the Island.
Old Oct 6th 2016, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

but doesn't it call itself Abbotsford INTERNATIONAL Airport???

Oh right ................. Vancouver Island must be overseas
Old Oct 6th 2016, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

Just dropped the truck at JetSet today.

The problem is they are doing 'online' reconstruction. Only one exit gate in operation apparently and resurfacing parking/changing layout.

Brand new buses by the look of it too.

Seems ok otherwise...
Old Oct 6th 2016, 3:40 am
Account Closed

but doesn't it call itself Abbotsford INTERNATIONAL Airport???

Oh right ................. Vancouver Island must be overseas
Being an international airport doesn't necessarily mean the airport has scheduled international commercial flights.

They do at times have seasonal flights to Mexico and Las Vegas apparently, according to their website.

But overall its a pretty useless airport for us since we go to San Diego and going to Calgary first is a bit out of the way.... lol
Old Oct 6th 2016, 3:46 am
Binned by Muderators

JonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond reputeJonboyE has a reputation beyond repute

Westjet fly from Abbotsford to Puerto Vallarta.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.